Contribute
Register

HP ProBook Installer 6.1: 4x30s and 4x40s support

HP ProBook Installer 6.1 (beta): Ivy bridge support

Philip, can you please confirm you did this with the new (March 2013 release) 10.8.3 Mountain Lion Install app from the app store? If so did you make a new Unibeast USB stick and install from that, if so what boot flags did you use? I have tried to do this but failed twice at the second Unibeast boot (ie select the new install option from Unibeast boot loader).

Pete

Yes, I used the newest 10.8.3 Install OS X Mountain Lion app from App Store. I made a Unibeast stick from it, but usually I'm not using any boot flags, when I boot from the stick and this time wasn't an exception.

I Have on little issue, the battery meter says it is charging after sleep?

I Have on little issue, the battery meter says it is charging after sleep?

I don't understand what you're asking/stating...

What happened to the Function Key Behavior option from ProBook Installer 6.0?

What happened to the Function Key Behavior option from ProBook Installer 6.0?

The Function key behaviour is now part of the VoodooPS2Controller.kext, thanks to RehabMan. If you have installed version 1.8 stable or later (actually, this support was added earlier, in version 1.79 beta if I remember right), you can change the behaviour of the function keys on-the-fly with the option Use All F1, F2, etc. keys as standard function keys, located in System Preferences/Keyboard or with key combination (Ctrl+PrtSc).

The Function key behaviour is now part of the VoodooPS2Controller.kext, thanks to RehabMan. If you have installed version 1.8 stable or later (actually, this support was added earlier, in version 1.79 beta if I remember right), you can change the behaviour of the function keys on-the-fly with the option Use All F1, F2, etc. keys as standard function keys, located in System Preferences/Keyboard or with key combination (Ctrl+PrtSc).
Strange .. it wasn't checked, but after checking and unchecking the box it is working now. Thank you.

Strange .. it wasn't checked, but after checking and unchecking the box it is working now. Thank you.

Known bug on a fresh install or install where you've never checked that box before...

I've tried Installer 6.1b3 today. Very smooth experience after all.Used 10.8 USB and then 10.8.3 combo on my 4540S with i5-3320M. Used Installer to pick up right options before restart.After reboot no visible problems. Sound, trackpad, WiFi, PM, battery,HDMI OK
Couple bugs I noticed after checking things closer.
- Trim support shows "No" on my system
- AppleUSBXCI plugin missing. With so many USB 3.0 kexts and patches available, perhaps this should be optional item to choose
- No HDMI Audio. This is first time I try HDMI on 4540S. Different kext is responsible for that and I believe dsdt patch exist to enable audio. Will look into that and report back.

EDIT:
I didn't realize that TrimEnabler is a separate app. After running the app. trim support is enabled.

This perl line will modify 0406 HDMI connector to enable HDMI Audio for HD4000 Ivy Bridge processor. In our case it's HP 4540S

MD5 before:
87c5bad19ed7d750cdfeb8ed2116ea04

MD5 after:
9571927898415c225dc5372b46fd5e47

Code:
sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x04\x06\x00\x00\x00\x04|\x04\x06\x00\x00\x00\x08|g' /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleIntelFramebufferCapri

This perl line will modify 0406 HDMI connector to enable HDMI Audio for HD4000 Ivy Bridge processor. In our case it's HP 4540S

MD5 before:
87c5bad19ed7d750cdfeb8ed2116ea04

MD5 after:
9571927898415c225dc5372b46fd5e47

Code:
sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x04\x06\x00\x00\x00\x04|\x04\x06\x00\x00\x00\x08|g' /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleIntelFramebufferCapri

You sure about that? I mean, on my desktop (H77N-WiFi + i7-3770) I'm running OS X 10.8.3 with vanilla AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext and yet, I have HDMI audio, but thank to a DSDT patch and AppleHDA.kext, patched for my audio (ALC892). You sure there is no solution like this one for the 4x40s ProBooks?

and second question: will this kext work with 10.8.2 (I mean if I add it in the 10.8.2 option for 4x40s as well)?

Back