Not open for further replies.
Hello,

Guys may I ask for your help please!!

I have HP probook 6460b as will with a F.23 Last BIOS Update: May 12, 2013

I was succeed installed ML 10.8 on it but with the following issue's

1- I can not boot the machine from HDD without using " -x -f "
2- Max resolution is 1300 X 768
3- Doesn't work
Wlan, Ethernet, Mic, Sound, VGA port, SD slot, Battery indicator, sleep, ect..., :(

I really looking for your support and help guys.

Looking forward to hear from you,

Rgds

Hello,

Guys may I ask for your help please!!

I have HP probook 6460b as will with a F.23 Last BIOS Update: May 12, 2013

I was succeed installed ML 10.8 on it but with the following issue's

1- I can not boot the machine from HDD without using " -x -f "
2- Max resolution is 1300 X 768
3- Doesn't work
Wlan, Ethernet, Mic, Sound, VGA port, SD slot, Battery indicator, sleep, ect..., :(

I really looking for your support and help guys.

Looking forward to hear from you,

Rgds

You might do a search for 6460b in the ProBook forums. From what I remember, I think it is very similar to the other ProBooks (for example, the DSDT patches can be used unmodified). Sticky guide in ProBook forums + ProBook Installer v6.1 + minor changes after (different lan, different AppleHDA... just going from memory).

Thanks RehabMan for your advice, highly appreciated

I was able to install the TrackPad, Keyboard, PowerManagment, by using the ProBook Installer v6.1 but still searching for the Bluetooth, wireless, high screen resolution setup, Mic and sound

Thanks RehabMan for your advice, highly appreciated

I was able to install the TrackPad, Keyboard, PowerManagment, by using the ProBook Installer v6.1 but still searching for the Bluetooth, wireless, high screen resolution setup, Mic and sound

What is the native resolution of your display?
What WiFi chip is in your laptop? Same question for BT....

Look for patched AppleHDA (the ones in the ProBook Installer is just for 4x40/4x30s) for your laptop.

Hello RehabMan,
kindly finds my answer below,

- its running on 1300 x 768 now and its Intel HD Graphics 3000

- WiFi chip is Intel Advanced-N 6205
- Dont know about the Bluetooth :(

Look for patched AppleHDA (the ones in the ProBook Installer is just for 4x40/4x30s) for your laptop.
- I tried hard to find one but without any luck on that :l

all in all, i am trying to find the right kext.

Thnak you !

Hello RehabMan,
kindly finds my answer below,

- its running on 1300 x 768 now and its Intel HD Graphics 3000

Probably 1366x768. If that is the native resolution of your display, the only way to get higher than that would be to replace the screen or connect an external monitor. Just like a MacBookPro 13" (non-retina).

- WiFi chip is Intel Advanced-N 6205
- Dont know about the Bluetooth :(

Intel WiFi will not work. You should look into replacing it. If there is no whitelist implemented in your laptop, pick an OS X compatible WiFi of your choosing. If there is a whitelist implemented, refer to the service manual for your laptop to see what WiFi cards are accepted. If one of those is OS X compatible seek it out (make sure it is HP-branded). Last ditch solution is to use USB dongle.

- I tried hard to find one but without any luck on that :l

You might have to patch your own AppleHDA. Search for guides... there are many out there. It is not easy, but if you have some technical ability, it can probably be done.

Thanks RehabMan it take a while from me but finally i got everything works fine except the WiFi and Bluetooth, either to get an external USB or will try to finds out more about the white list.

appreciate your advice MAN you are the BEST :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back