Contribute
Register

HP ProBook 6460b - working except sleep/WLAN/Battery

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the driver provided the touchpad works as a mouse. When building the system the mouse sensitivity was way too high but with this driver the mouse sensitivity is good. You may be able to change the sensitivity from within System Preferences.

I dumped and built the DSDT on OSX by booting OSX via the USB stick with no DSDT loaded. There is nothing special with what I did. I simply dumped ACPI and fixed all the compile errors. I did not do any patching. If you have some additions then let's standardize on a common DSDT.

Geoff..

Tks.
Only Sleep and Wireless ( intel) don't working.
the displayport works fine with adapter to DVI.

AR5B195 works with probook 6460b??

Unfortunately the AR5B195 card I ordered has not arrived yet. I will post a reply here when I have received and tested the card.

The 10.7.4 update went smoothly. I did not have to re-run Multibeast.

Unfortunately the AR5B195 card does not work with the 6460b laptop. The BIOS prints a message saying that the AR5B195 card is not supported and is being disabled.

I fixed the battery monitor by installing the battery driver found at http://www.osx86.net/view/2284-battery_fix_-_lion.html. I have included this driver as an attachment.

I have remapped the Windows Key to the Apple Command Key using the KeyRemapMacBook utility available from http://pqrs.org/macosx/keyremap4macbook/. Once this tool is loaded make the following changes from within the menu.
- General
Don't remap an internal keyboard
Don't remap Apple's keyboards
- Change Command_L Key (Left Command)
Command_L to Option_L
- Change Command_R Key (Right Command)
Command_R to Option_R
- Change Option_L Key (Left Option)
Option_L to Command_L
- Change Option_R Key (Right Option)
Option_R to Command_R

Geoff..

Attachments

• Battery Fix - Lion.zip
    471.5 KB · Views: 127
I tested the BCM94224 ( HP wireless card) the 6460b works fine, but the lion don't works too the wireless driver.

I think to resolve the problem, have any mini usb to works fine with airport?

When I tried install the Battery Kext, the system crashed when I reboot.

You can explain the steps ?

i have a huge problem to my mac that install os lion x 10.73, the brightness can't control and the battery missing. Anyone can help?

Does anyone now how to get the battery status to work on the HP Probook 6460b I tried the voodoo one but it did not work?

-Jason

Just an update. I fixed the black screen issue when booting without a power cable. Hit cmd+f4 and the screen pops right up. everything else works with the probook installer and mini usb wifi. I love this thing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back