Contribute
Register

HP ProBook 6460b - working except sleep/WLAN/Battery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay so my max "physical" resolution is 1366x768
I retrieved my DSDT & tried to patch it with EvOsX86 - DSDTFixer v1.2.3 (Still having some warnings)
-> My ProBook can now boot fine from HDD

But I now cannot use my trackpad anymore... (Keyboard still works fine)

Any suggestion? (Is it a DSDT pbm or a kext pbm? PS2 kext from Multibeast are in place)

I've attached my original dsdt & the edited one

Attachments

• dsdt.orig.dsl
    958.2 KB · Views: 185
  • DSDT.dsl
    954.6 KB · Views: 179
  • DSDT.aml
    142.4 KB · Views: 185
I've discovered that we do not have exactly the same original DSDT but they are very close. Concerning the trackpad & keyboard PS2K and PS2M, we have exactly the same definitions. I really do not see why your trackpad is working since we have he "same" DSDT and the same PS2 kexts. :eek:

On my 6460b, MAC OSX hangs when using stephanst's DSDT.aml file pointed in the first note in this thread.

Boot works fine using the DSDT.aml file posted by moimoimoi in the previous note. Unfortunately I am having the same problem where the trackpad does not work, even though it works just fine during the installation.

It would be great if we could work out why the trackpad does not work with moimoimoi's DSDT.

Thanks,
Geoff..

kinsmill said:
On my 6460b, MAC OSX hangs when using stephanst's DSDT.aml file pointed in the first note in this thread.

Boot works fine using the DSDT.aml file posted by moimoimoi in the previous note. Unfortunately I am having the same problem where the trackpad does not work, even though it works just fine during the installation.

It would be great if we could work out why the trackpad does not work with moimoimoi's DSDT.

Thanks,
Geoff..
I would ask maldon on InsanelyMac to fix your own dumped dsdt.
Mine had over 200 errors.

Maybe stephanst does not have the same DSDT because of his computer Bios version (or some different hardware?).

I can't believe that our configurations do not have the same trackpad.

My DSDT dump has been fixed with EvOsX86 - DSDTFixer v1.2.3 and it remains 4 warnings. After studying the ACPI certifications, I think that these 4 warning are fully logical as "programmer warnings" (As a bad exemple: "Warning - You have defined a variable which is not modified in your program..."). In my DSDT, these warnings mean to my mind: "You are using the Wait command, we are going to wait n seconds for a hardware component signal, if it occurs, we will do A, but if it don't occurs before n seconds, we will do the same (A) ..." -> "So, why are you waiting for this signal to do what you have to do ??? ".

Some people "solve" these warnings by setting a hard wait: "Wait forever for this signal before continuing". But I would prefer not to make such rough patching. I think that getting rid of these 4 warnings is purely esthetical.

@kinsmill: I hope, we will make this touchpad working! I hope that you have noticed that during the Lion installation & during 1st boot, the trackpad is working but with some kind of granularity, as if the mouse was moving on a dot grid? Concerning the DSDT, I think stephanst fixed one can't be used if we do not have a 1600x900 screen.

@stephanst: "200 errors" :eek: Would you say Warnings rather than errors?

I stay tune and still looking for a solution :)

Best,

moimoimoi

NB: DSDT have to be named DSDT.aml on the desktop to work with multibeast

PS: Concerning the mouse, It seems that we are not alone http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=274248

Could we perhaps compare bios versions?
I am running F.22 (22/12/2011)

Of course:

BIOS Revision: 68SCE Ver. F.22
BIOS Date: 12/22/2011

What about your bios version stephanst?

Sound buttons works fine but mute button only mute sound and do not get the sound back :(
What about on your computer stephanst?

Good news. I have got the internal 6460b trackpad working by installing the Trackpad as Mouse driver from http://www.osx86.net/view/2290-lion_generic_trackpadas_mouse_kext_-_hp_8540w.html. For completeness I have included a copy of the Lion Trackpad as Mouse Driver as an attachment.

My 6460b laptop would hang during boot using stephanst's DSDT included in the first post. I was able to boot fine using the DSDT created by moimoimoi. In troubleshooting this problem I also built a DSDT file for the 6460b Bios version F.22 (22/12/2011). This compiles error free. I have also included this DSDT source and compiled binary as an attachment.

Attachments

• Lion Generic Trackpad(as Mouse) kext.zip
    158.4 KB · Views: 106
  • DSDT (built by Geoff).zip
    134.1 KB · Views: 128
@kinsmill: Touchpad is working as mouse with your kext: OK :)
I do not have any multi-touch gesture.
I'll have a look on how hard it is to tune the kext to adjus sensitivity to our resolution.
I'll have an other look on differences between our DSDT. With which OS did you dump your DSDT?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back