Contribute
Register

HP ProBook 4x30s Bios update v: F.29/F.30 - fixes sleep issues + sata 3/6

Status
Not open for further replies.
HP ProBook 4x30s Bios update v: F.29 - fixes sleep issues + sata 3/6

Did the F29 update and patched the DSDT this morning. With F20 the 3.0 USB port wasn't working, but now is. I don't have a 3.0 USB HDD, only a 3.0 flash drive which works when hot plugged or booted to. No diff in speed tests with black magic between usb ports, but could be because of the flash drive, can anyone confirm higher speeds with a USB 3 HDD?

Nice to have the port working regardless, was dead with F20.

Also updated!

Seems to run much smoother now :)

in what way?

mhm..i'll do it afterwards

I have a 4530s i3 2510 8GB with F09 Bios version. I have had my 4530s since January and have never upgraded bios. Installed multiple versions of Lion and ran it successfully. Have run all development versions of Mountain Lion, 10.8, 10.8.1 and am currently running 10.8.2 without any issues. Is there any real need to update bios on a system that's been running ML without issues. If there is a real need to do so, then I wouldn't mind doing so, but current installation is as "flawless" as it gets!!

Looking to install ML for the first time on my 4530s. Is there support for this BIOS through the probook installer?

i have a problem with auto patcher

the saved dsdt.aml it's a blank file with zero bytes :/
but there is another dsdt.aml saved on the root of the auto patcher app so i just used that one instead ... tbh honest idk if that file is the patched one or the one extracted from linux

if im using the patched nothing was fixed ...beacuse my camera still pixelated

i have a problem with auto patcher

the saved dsdt.aml it's a blank file with zero bytes :/

You will want to fix that. Make sure you are following the instructions carefully and have a properly installed recent version of iasl in the autopatcher folder.

but there is another dsdt.aml saved on the root of the auto patcher app so i just used that one instead ... tbh honest idk if that file is the patched one or the one extracted from linux

I don't think using some random DSDT that you have no idea whether it is correct or not is a good idea...

You will want to fix that. Make sure you are following the instructions carefully and have a properly installed recent version of iasl in the autopatcher folder.

I don't think using some random DSDT that you have no idea whether it is correct or not is a good idea...

thanks i downloaded app from another site and didn't change the iasl it worked ...

one weird thing i found out it's when connected to usb3 things transfer slowly on MY pc, not that slow but slower :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back