HP ProBook 4540s - El Capitan update

Status
Not open for further replies.
File attached.

Thanks!

Attachments

• efi.zip
    2 MB · Views: 75
Thanks for the guide provided. I will read it tonight, but the guide I followed and it worked the first time (until my hard drive died) is this:

[Guide] Install 10.11 on HP EliteBook/ProBook/others with Clover UEFI

And the steps are really simple to follow:
- Download Clover.zip, extract then copy EFI folder to CLOVER partition.
- Download Config.zip, extract then select right config.plist and copy to /EFI/Clover/. The path will be /EFI/Clover/config.plist. (which I selected from the folder HD4000 1366x768 according to my laptop's video card).

Are the files I downloaded different in any way? What did I make wrong?

Also I noticed that using my laptop with Mavericks, I can reach the installation process from the USB, but if I switch the hard drive (where El Capitan is installed) goes to the black screen before the setup appears.

I have two MAC OS X instances, each one in a different hard drive.
1.-Mavericks which I use to create the USB setup needed for this.
2.-El Capitan which for now does not works.

Thanks again for your time, I really appreciate it!

Thanks for the guide provided. I will read it tonight, but the guide I followed and it worked the first time (until my hard drive died) is this:

[Guide] Install 10.11 on HP EliteBook/ProBook/others with Clover UEFI

That guide is not being updated anymore. Hence why I pointed you at the more general guide.

You can use PBI for post-install, but you will have some things to fix after...

Try boot without caches. Boot with your USB if needed.

Update Clover to the latest.
Update IntelBacklight.kext to the latest (see Projects link in signature).

Then rebuild cache:
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Then boot normally.

And for audio, read here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...-broken-audio-applehda-injector-dummyhda.html

Thanks ReahbMan!

You gave me the same recommendation in Post #14, which I could not use because of the black screen which did not allow me to load the OS.

Try boot without caches. Boot with your USB if needed.
Update Clover to the latest.
Update IntelBacklight.kext to the latest (see Projects link in signature).
Then rebuild cache:

I removed the partition and made another installation. After I run the HP Probook 6.4.6 an error appears at the end of the installation (Probook first Installation.zip attached). Nothing happened, after that I could run the OS.

Later I run the HP Probook installer again (I did not selected the display resolution) because I had my screen resolution OK (Probook second installation-Black screen.zip attached ). Now I know that the HP Probook installer messed up the screen resolution when it's not selected and that's why I could not load the OS. Black screen came out after doing this.

I am posting this, maybe for someone with the same issue could solve it or avoid it.

In resume, if someone has to run the HP Probook installer, always select the screen resolution of the laptop.

I hope this post serve to report to the creators of the HP Probook installer to do not make anything to the Laptop's screen resolution if this option is not selected.

It looks like the it changes the clover, because when I boot from the usb selected from the clover menu the it goes to a black screen anyway.

The HP Probook installer message says "Press F4 at clover screen" which I did, but nothing happens.

Troubleshooting files attached too of the first installation (first error DirectHW.kext).

By the way, thanks again for the sound fix, it definitely helped me to get my sound working!

At the end I made my final installation which is running with my WiFi, Sound, screen resolution OK, my system boots as expected and I will use it like that

Attachments

• Probook first Installation.zip
    19 MB · Views: 46
  • Probook second installation-Black screen.zip
    9 MB · Views: 46
  • Troubleshooting 2016-03-23 21-19.zip
    64.5 KB · Views: 44
Later I run the HP Probook installer again (I did not selected the display resolution)

If you're patching DSDT, you must select a screen resolution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back