HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU
i5-3320m/HM76 (Ivy Bridge)
Graphics
HD4000, 1366x768
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Can i update my HP Probook 4540s like regular Mac?

Can i update my HP Probook 4540s like regular Mac?

Not a guide. Moved to laptop support.

Essentially... yes...

You should update with the latest PBI-CE prior to the update.

Essentially... yes...

Whta is "PBI-CE prior" and how can i update it?
/* My ProBook 4540s is on Yosemite 10.10.5 */

[Yosemite updates worked well before like on a MacBook. So i would like to upgrade from Yosemite to El Capitan.]

Whta is "PBI-CE prior" and how can i update it?
/* My ProBook 4540s is on Yosemite 10.10.5 */

[Yosemite updates worked well before like on a MacBook. So i would like to upgrade from Yosemite to El Capitan.]

PBI-CE "Probook Installer Clover Edition". The word "prior" means "before".

Essentially... yes...

I had no problems with the update. El Capitane works fine.

I had no problems with the update. El Capitane works fine.

Hi kmarci,

Can you please confirm if you were using clover (UEFI) or unibeast/chamaleon (boot legacy) before upgrading?

I need to upgrade from Maverics to Yosemite, or El Capitan (better) but all the guides I see recommends Clover and I have Legacy boot with unibeast/Chamaleon which I installed a few years ago.

I would like to upgrade in place.

Thanks!

Hi kmarci,

Can you please confirm if you were using clover (UEFI) or unibeast/chamaleon (boot legacy) before upgrading?

I need to upgrade from Maverics to Yosemite, or El Capitan (better) but all the guides I see recommends Clover and I have Legacy boot with unibeast/Chamaleon which I installed a few years ago.

I would like to upgrade in place.

Thanks!

Two phases.

- upgrade to Clover first (install new kexts, repatch DSDT, etc)
- then update to 10.11.
- then update to the latest OX X

Thanks for the information provided. At the end I decided to make a new installation with another hard drive I bought.

Following the instructions to make a clean installation (I tried twice, I read very carefully the second time), I followed all the steps, but when I boot from the USB, I see quickly 3 lines saying something and then it goes to the hard drive to normal boot.

The steps I followed to install El Capitan using clover method:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...-hp-elitebook-probook-others-clover-uefi.html

Another website:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...-el-capitan-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html

In the first one (step #2-Create El Capitan Installer partition (need a Mac), follow 2a or 2b:), Do I really need a Mac? can I do it using my Hackintosh? Is that the reason the USB does not boot?

Thanks any help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back