Contribute
Register

HP Probook 450 G1 - OSX Mavericks Installation Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wescotte could you make a guide of what you have done so far when you have the time for it? Got tired of my old hp and bought the probook 450 g1 with a i5 getting it in 2 days and planning to go all in on hackintosh. If you dont have the time I understand !

Yeah I was thinking about attempting to do a guide but it probably won't be done for awhile as I need to fine tune my system and learn a bit more.

Did you disable hibernate mode yet? You can't wake from sleep with hibernate on
Code:
sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0

Got my hp probook 450 g1 i5 hd4600 today. Got osx on it and running. 3 questions:

1. I get 7 syntax errors when I want to compile my dsdt, any advise how to correct those?
2. How can I test if sleep is working? And so for speedstep?
3. Cant use alt button to for instance write a @ with alt+2?

Got my hp probook 450 g1 i5 hd4600 today. Got osx on it and running. 3 questions:

1. I get 7 syntax errors when I want to compile my dsdt, any advise how to correct those?

Make sure you follow the instructions in post #1 for dealing with DSDT.

2. How can I test if sleep is working? And so for speedstep?

For sleep, you sleep the laptop and see if it works (from Apple menu). For speedstep, same as any other computer, see: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...nagement-sandy-bridge-ivy-bridge-laptops.html

3. Cant use alt button to for instance write a @ with alt+2?

What does Alt+2 do? Is this a non-US keyboard?

Ok will try and deal some more with dsdt.
Its a danish keyboard setup. Can I modify buttons myself?

Ok will try and deal some more with dsdt.
Its a danish keyboard setup. Can I modify buttons myself?

SysPrefs->Keyboard->Input Sources can be useful, as well as the Ukelele app (google it) for making custom keyboard layouts.

Hey wescotte

could you you be so friendly to email pr upload your original and/or dsdt to me?

having such a hard time with errors compiling my own and we have identical laptops.

[email protected]

kind regard

brian Schjelde

hope its its ok to ask for the above so I can use it for better running hackintosh and to compare to own dsdt

Hey wescotte could you you be so friendly to email pr upload your original and/or dsdt to me? having such a hard time with errors compiling my own and we have identical laptops.

I've posted my original and modified DSDT on this thread already and you can find it here

I also link to all the patches I applied so it should be fairly easy to recreate. There is only one error you should get from the default DSDT and it's on line 42: " External (_SB_.ISCT)"

The last patch for the battery will repair the line 42 error

If you're having compiler problems you might want to review this guide. Specifically the "Creating your patched DSDT using MaciASL" section.

Also, you can add this repo to MaciASL to make applying the patches easier
https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch

- - - Updated - - -

Hey wescotte could you you be so friendly to email pr upload your original and/or dsdt to me? having such a hard time with errors compiling my own and we have identical laptops.

I've posted my original and modified DSDT on this thread already and you can find it here

I also link to all the patches I applied so it should be fairly easy to recreate. There is only one error you should get from the default DSDT and it's on line 42: " External (_SB_.ISCT)"

The last patch for the battery will repair the line 42 error

If you're having compiler problems you might want to review this guide. Specifically the "Creating your patched DSDT using MaciASL" section.

Also, you can add this repo to MaciASL to make applying the patches easier
https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch

I don't think the card reader will work although you can try VoodooSDHC. I have no idea where the latest/best version is kept. I may eventually look into working on this kext a bit for another laptop I have.

I finally managed to track down VoodooSDHC.

I decided to erase my system and started from scratch in an attempt to better understand everything. After reinstalling OSX many times now and playing with the various bootloaders and options I went to reinstall everything to finalize my setup. However, now I can't get sound to work anymore. It's listing "Intel High Definition Audio" under system information but System Preferences->Sound->Output says "No output devices found" The only thing different than what I was doing before is I have a working Wifi chip in the laptop now. However, I disabled it in the BIOS and it doesn't seem to have any effect.

I found this thread post where somebody was having similar issues with audio because of fast boot but unfortunately it didn't seem to fix my issue. Any ideas?

Also, when booting from Clover the keyboard mapping seems to be correct now. F1-F12 don't do anything on their own anymore but the laptop function key + F## seem to be corrected mapped based on the icons on the keys .However, I haven't figured out how to trigger the eject yet...

I still have that strange restart issue where video goes out and will not return until OSX boots again. If I boot Windows the only way to get the laptop LCD back on is to put the machine to sleep and wake it back up. However, if I switch back to legacy mode and use Chameleon it restarts fine.

One more thing that struct me as odd. The brightness slider in the System Preferences->Display (and using the hotkeys) lowest setting turns the LCD off. Is this the correct behavior for the control or should the lowest value still keep the LCD on?

Attachments

• Audio1.tiff
    59.7 KB · Views: 138
I finally managed to track down VoodooSDHC.

I decided to erase my system and started from scratch in an attempt to better understand everything. After reinstalling OSX many times now and playing with the various bootloaders and options I went to reinstall everything to finalize my setup. However, now I can't get sound to work anymore. It's listing "Intel High Definition Audio" under system information but System Preferences->Sound->Output says "No output devices found" The only thing different than what I was doing before is I have a working Wifi chip in the laptop now. However, I disabled it in the BIOS and it doesn't seem to have any effect.

Did you install patched AppleHDA via the ProBook Installer (4x0s G0 option, if I remember right) and patch DSDT with "IRQ Fix" and "Audio Layout 12"?

Also, when booting from Clover the keyboard mapping seems to be correct now. F1-F12 don't do anything on their own anymore but the laptop function key + F## seem to be corrected mapped based on the icons on the keys .However, I haven't figured out how to trigger the eject yet...

Do you see "Use All F1, F2..etc" option in SysPrefs->Keyboard? You should. If not, then you have not applied the following patch (this one is Clover specific for the ProBooks):
Code:
into method label _DSM parent_label PS2K remove_entry;
into device label PS2K insert
begin
Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)\n
{\n
    If (LEqual (Arg2, Zero)) { Return (Buffer() { 0x03 } ) }\n
    Return (Package()\n
    {\n
        "RM,oem-id", "HPQOEM",\n
    })\n
}\n
end;

I still have that strange restart issue where video goes out and will not return until OSX boots again. If I boot Windows the only way to get the laptop LCD back on is to put the machine to sleep and wake it back up. However, if I switch back to legacy mode and use Chameleon it restarts fine.

So the screen problem on restart is Clover specific?

One more thing that struct me as odd. The brightness slider in the System Preferences->Display (and using the hotkeys) lowest setting turns the LCD off. Is this the correct behavior for the control or should the lowest value still keep the LCD on?

That is correct behavior.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back