Contribute
Register

HP Probook 450 G1 - OSX Mavericks Installation Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your DSDT does not "contain" your SSDT. Using the '-e' param when disassembling the DSDT just gives iasl more information so it can do a better job with the disassembly. Also, the SSDT being discussed here is the SSDT for CPU that was generated by the ProBook Installer and has nothing to do with the OEM SSDTs.

Whoops! I just assumed it was including SSDT*.aml into the newly created DSDT. Well in that case I need to learn to properly build an SSDT as the PBI's generator does not work for me.

Attachments

• Error.tiff
    518.9 KB · Views: 155
Looks like my cpu isn't defined in the ssdtPRGen script...

System information: Mac OS X 10.9.1 (13B42)
Brandstring 'Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-4000M CPU @ 2.40GHz'
Processor Declaration(s) Found in DSDT
Generating ssdt_pr.dsl for a MacBookAir6,2 [Mac-7DF21CB3ED6977E5]
Haswell Core i3-4000M processor [0x306C3] setup [0x0905]
With a maximum TDP of 84 Watt - assumed/undetected CPU may require override value!
Number logical CPU's: 4 (Core Frequency: 2394 MHz)

Error: 'MaxTurboFrequency' must be in the range of 2394-8000... exiting

Glancing inside the script I see a bunch of CPU definitions and mine is missing. The format is:
Processor Number, Max TDP, Low Frequency Mode, Clock Speed, Max Turbo Frequency, Cores, Threads

I can fill in most of if confidently but I'm unsure of the "Low Frequency Mode" for the i3-4000M... Looking at some of the other i3-4xxx chips I see they have a value of 800 in the script so I cross referenced the wikipedia page and assume these values correspond to "cTDP down" however the i3-4000m has N/A...

Think I can I safely add

"i3-4000M,37,800,2400,2400,2,4" to the script?

Looks like my cpu isn't defined in the ssdtPRGen script...

System information: Mac OS X 10.9.1 (13B42)
Brandstring 'Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-4000M CPU @ 2.40GHz'
Processor Declaration(s) Found in DSDT
Generating ssdt_pr.dsl for a MacBookAir6,2 [Mac-7DF21CB3ED6977E5]
Haswell Core i3-4000M processor [0x306C3] setup [0x0905]
With a maximum TDP of 84 Watt - assumed/undetected CPU may require override value!
Number logical CPU's: 4 (Core Frequency: 2394 MHz)

Error: 'MaxTurboFrequency' must be in the range of 2394-8000... exiting

Glancing inside the script I see a bunch of CPU definitions and mine is missing. The format is:
Processor Number, Max TDP, Low Frequency Mode, Clock Speed, Max Turbo Frequency, Cores, Threads

I can fill in most of if confidently but I'm unsure of the "Low Frequency Mode" for the i3-4000M... Looking at some of the other i3-4xxx chips I see they have a value of 800 in the script so I cross referenced the wikipedia page and assume these values correspond to "cTDP down" however the i3-4000m has N/A...

Think I can I safely add

"i3-4000M,37,800,2400,2400,2,4" to the script?

It probably is LFM 800, but you should check with AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementInfo.kext. Also be sure to let Pike know about the missing CPU data.

AppleIntelCPUPowerMangementInfo.kext gives me a KP. I contacted Pike and hopefully he'll know.

Did you build the latest from sources?

Did you build the latest from sources?

No, but I'll give that a shot soon.

I'd like to report success fixing my sleep. My CMOS reset and I forgot to disable wake from Ethernet/USB which seems to fix the problem. Also, my Broadcom Wifi chip came today and that is up and running. So I think my Hackintosh is about 99% up and running!

I'm still having is the restart problem I described before but that's not too major at this point. I just tried it again in legacy/CSM off/on and it only worked correctly in legacy mode. However, I have had it work at least once with csm on and off. So perhaps it's just glitchy or there was some setting in Clover that I need to adjust back.

One last thing that again isn't major but figure I'd report. When booting with Clover I will often get this strange tear in video during the OSX splash screen. I would say it looks just like a crack in the LCD screen but shimmers. It's strange because it's not a straight line but kinda a curve. It's almost always in the lower left region as well. I could take a photo or make short video if anybody is curious what it actually looks like. I guess I just need to finish mapping my keyboard and I'm all set! If you guys have any recommendations for things I should test please let me know. Also, if there is anything I should be aware of to get better battery life I'd be interested in hearing them.

I would have been struggling with this for weeks if it wasn't for this guide and all your help. I truly appreciate all your help! Thanks you!

EDIT: Whoops! Forgot about the card reader and HDMI audio. Guess I'm not quite done yet...

EDIT2: Just realized the "tear" is just a VERY stretched (at on odd angle) version of the spinning ball thing you see on startup.

Wescotte could you make a guide of what you have done so far when you have the time for it? Got tired of my old hp and bought the probook 450 g1 with a i5 getting it in 2 days and planning to go all in on hackintosh. If you dont have the time I understand !

Post your Library/Logs/CloverEFI/boot.log and your config.plist. The stretched screen problem can be fixed by turning on CSM, or setting Clover screen to 1024x768 (if you read Clover guide cảefully, you can find the issue under Known Issues section.

EDIT: Whoops! Forgot about the card reader and HDMI audio. Guess I'm not quite done yet...

I don't think the card reader will work although you can try VoodooSDHC. I have no idea where the latest/best version is kept. I may eventually look into working on this kext a bit for another laptop I have.

As for HDMI audio, it will require DSDT patches and patching the connector table in AppleIntelFramebufferAzul. You're using bootloader injection for Intel graphics, so you can use a subset of the HD4000 patch: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch, remove everything but the "hda-gfx" pair.

As for the frame buffer edits, you'll need to do some searching/google. You can find some good information here for the Capri edits: http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook/96186-unified-appleintelframebuffercapri-ivy-probooks.html. Understanding how it is on Capri will help with Azul.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back