Contribute
Register

HP Probook 440 G7 i7(1051u)-GPU620-ALC296

Status
Not open for further replies.

newmalikhack,​

To get the battery and trackpad going you are going to need the following kexts inserted into EFI/Clover/kexts/Other:

ACPIBatteryManager.kext
ApplePS2SmartTouchPad.kext
Sinetek-rtsx.kext
SMCBatteryManager.kext
VoodooElan.kext
VoodooGPIO.kext
VoodooI2C.kext
VoodooI2CHID.kext
VoodooPS2Controller.kext
Hi, I just did a experiment and replace my kext and acpi section with @enljm115 EFI and my battery is working fine now but the trackpad is still not working properly previously it was not working at all now it's working but just for 2 mins after that, no response and also in first 2 mins right and left trackpad buttons are not working.

I'm also facing a battery timing issue only getting 2 hours of SOT while watching a movie while on the same usage getting hours plus SOT on windows 10. is it normal?

[SIZE=4]newmalikhack[/SIZE],

If your trackpad is not working you may have to try either the latest VoodooPS2 2.2.0 driver from acidanthera or try this one from 1Revenger1 > https://github.com/1Revenger1/VoodooPS2-Alps
If those fail, try a slightly older version of the VoodooPS2 plus VoodooSMBus plus VoodooRMI driver (this worked for one person I read).

The Voodoo 2.2.0 worked for me on the trackpad but I lost button functionality. Am testing the older VoodooPS2 ones right now for my HP Pavilion 17.

Also check whether your trackpad is an Elan or Synaptics brand. There are kexts around for those online also.

About the battery, no that doesn't sound normal. Have you added any SSDTs or kexts for the power usage? If not you'll have to find or generate them from your DSDT.

[SIZE=4]newmalikhack[/SIZE],

If your trackpad is not working you may have to try either the latest VoodooPS2 2.2.0 driver from acidanthera or try this one from 1Revenger1 > https://github.com/1Revenger1/VoodooPS2-Alps
If those fail, try a slightly older version of the VoodooPS2 plus VoodooSMBus plus VoodooRMI driver (this worked for one person I read).

The Voodoo 2.2.0 worked for me on the trackpad but I lost button functionality. Am testing the older VoodooPS2 ones right now for my HP Pavilion 17.

Also check whether your trackpad is an Elan or Synaptics brand. There are kexts around for those online also.

About the battery, no that doesn't sound normal. Have you added any SSDTs or kexts for the power usage? If not you'll have to find or generate them from your DSDT.
Thanks for your response sure I will try your suggestions about the trackpad this weekend, and what do you mean by kexts for power usage I had previously cpufriend kexts but since I have replace my acpi and kexts section with @enljm115 EFI now I'm not using any cpufriend kexts. should I add them back if that's what you're talking about?

Yes CPUfriend would work! Just add them back in and see if the power consumption improves.

Yes CPUfriend would work! Just add them back in and see if the power consumption improves.
Hi @Middleman, I just tried cpufriend but still the same no improvements for me but this time I tried without any activity other than a movie on stremio with Bluetooth and wifi on and got 2 hours and 20 mins screen on time. still bad right? any other suggestions what could be wrong?

Hi @Middleman, I just tried cpufriend but still the same no improvements for me but this time I tried without any activity other than a movie on stremio with Bluetooth and wifi on and got 2 hours and 20 mins screen on time. still bad right? any other suggestions what could be wrong?
Make sure you've got something like SSDT-PLUG.aml also installed in your EFI/OC/ACPI folder. This will help with power management.

hello all,
have a look there:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ur-11-0-1-opencore.307157/page-3#post-2223160

there is a 440/450 G7 OC folder which works very well.
please read the faq for proper hardware profile setup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back