Contribute
Register

Hp pro book 470 G2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks again, Rehabman, my module will be delivered in 30 of novermber..

Can you clarify this step I dont fully understand it ( about updating to EL Capitain)

7. When everything is don't, rerun PBI CE to repatch DSDT, generate config.plist, update kexts, bluetooth kext and use Kext Wizard to repair permission, rebuild cache a few times to make it really stable.

don't = do not rerun pbi ce ?

Can u tell me the 7 step in other words... Thank you again)

Thanks again, Rehabman, my module will be delivered in 30 of novermber..

Can you clarify this step I dont fully understand it ( about updating to EL Capitain)

7. When everything is don't, rerun PBI CE to repatch DSDT, generate config.plist, update kexts, bluetooth kext and use Kext Wizard to repair permission, rebuild cache a few times to make it really stable.

don't = do not rerun pbi ce ?

Can u tell me the 7 step in other words... Thank you again)

Just guessing from context... typo... "don't" == "done".

Hello again , dear ,RehabMan.while the package being delivered I need 1 more task to accomplish . I would like to install triple boot with clover. For example I shrink volume in windows again and install FreeBsd or Kali linux . I like FreeBSD more . How not to mess with grub /clover ? Thank you

Hello again , dear ,RehabMan.while the package being delivered I need 1 more task to accomplish . I would like to install triple boot with clover. For example I shrink volume in windows again and install FreeBsd or Kali linux . I like FreeBSD more . How not to mess with grub /clover ? Thank you

Install Linux in UEFI mode and boot it with Clover.

Install Linux in UEFI mode and boot it with Clover.

For example from ubuntu
General principles
To install Ubuntu in UEFI mode:
Use a 64bit disk of Ubuntu. (Ubuntu32bit cannot be easily installed in UEFI mode. This is a problem if 32-bit UEFI is the only way your computer can boot, e.g. if you have a modern Intel Atom based laptop. In this case, you will need a complicated work-around.)
In your firmware, disable QuickBoot/FastBoot and Intel Smart Response Technology (SRT). If you have Windows 8, also disable Fast Startup.
You might want to use an EFI-only image to avoid troubles with mistakenly booting the image and installing Ubuntu in BIOS mode.
Use a supported version of Ubuntu. Support for UEFI appeared in 11.10, but has become more reliable in next versions. Support for UEFI SecureBoot appeared in 12.10 and 12.04.2.
Set up your firmware (BIOS) to boot the disk in UEFI mode (see the "Identifying if the computer boots the HDD in UEFI mode" paragraph below)
Then:
nothing special is required if you use the automatic installer of Ubuntu ("Install Ubuntu alongside others" or "Erase the disk and install Ubuntu"). Important: if you have a pre-installed Windows and you want to keep it, do not choose "Erase the disk and install Ubuntu".
if you use the manual partitioning ("Something else"), the difference is that you will have to set the /boot/efi mount point to the UEFI partition. And if there was not any UEFI partition on your HDD, you first will have to create it (see the "Creating an UEFI partition" paragraph below).

If I just choose install ubuntu alongside others won't it mess with clover ?

If I just choose install ubuntu alongside others won't it mess with clover ?

If you have the custom boot entry set for Clover, it won't have any effect.

You'll be able to boot Ubuntu UEFI via Clover UEFI.

Sorry still dont get it..

First I shrink volume in windows.

Then I download this:

FreeBSD-10.2-RELEASE-amd64-uefi-dvd1.iso

Burn it to DVD disk. My system is set to NATIVE UEFI BIOS.

Then I go through installation of FreeBSD and install it on shrinked volume. I choose standard installation options auto zfs or whatever it is there.SO installation finishes.. What happens next? After I reboot I will still see my clover with mac and windows + freebsd or????

Sorry still dont get it..

First I shrink volume in windows.

Then I download this:

FreeBSD-10.2-RELEASE-amd64-uefi-dvd1.iso

Burn it to DVD disk. My system is set to NATIVE UEFI BIOS.

Then I go through installation of FreeBSD and install it on shrinked volume. I choose standard installation options auto zfs or whatever it is there.SO installation finishes.. What happens next? After I reboot I will still see my clover with mac and windows + freebsd or????

I cannot predict the future. If you have your BIOS UEFI entry set to CLOVER, you'll still see Clover, assuming the FreeBSD installer doesn't overwrite it.

THats why Im interested.. How to avoid overriting it ? ANy tips?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back