Not open for further replies.
Ventus, got a reply???
Installed High Sierra
-Graphics oob
-Sound - STILL NADA
-USB oob
-WiFi, usb dongle cheap replacement
-bluetooth, oob

DO YOU HAVE ANY UPDATES? sorry caps, curious as to how you made out? Being able to follow your story from beginning to end with Rehab commenting is going to help A LOT of people. Please update thoroughly if any changes maybe attach a config.plist?

Hey guys,
It's been a while since i dropped a question here for a build.
I recently upgraded from a late 2011 17" Macbook Pro to a HP Omen mid 2017 (the brand new series that just released).
My specifications are as follows:

Product name: OMEN by HP - 17-an015ng
Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-7700HQ
Chipset: Intel® HM175
Memory, standard: 16 GB DDR4-2400 SDRAM (2 x 8 GB)
Video graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1070 (8 GB GDDR5 dedicated)
SSD: 512 GB Samsung NVMe
Hard drive: 1 TB 7200 rpm SATA
Display: 43.9 cm (17.3") diagonal 4K IPS anti-glare WLED-backlit (3840 x 2160)
Wireless connectivity: Intel® 802.11b/g/n/ac (2x2) Wi-Fi® and Bluetooth® 4.2 Combo
Network interface: Integrated 10/100/1000 GbE LAN
Expansion slots: 1 multi-format SD media card reader
External ports: 1 Thunderbolt™ 3 (Data Transfer up to 40 Gb/s, DP1.2, HP Sleep and Charge); 3 USB 3.1 Gen 1 (1 HP Sleep and Charge); 1 Mini DisplayPort™; 1 HDMI; 1 RJ-45; 1 headphone/microphone combo; 1 microphone-in
Webcam: HP Wide Vision HD Camera with integrated dual array digital microphone
Audio features: Bang & Olufsen; HP Audio Boost; Dual speakers

As I am quite known with hackintoshing I started enthousiastic with some installing and googling.
Within no time i installed Sierra, Clover and the Nvidia Quaddro/Cuda drivers. Banging that beauuuuuutifull 17" 4K display which is automatically treated by OS X as retina <3 OoB scaling :D (also my hdmi and minidisplay port work perfectly fine except for audio at this point.
I installed Rehabman's VoodooPS2controller and it seemed to work for both build in keyboard and trackpad. (just installed the latest version from july 22)
Though after this point I got into some issues and I need some help.

- My main problem is that booting OSX messes with my bios, in such way that both windows and the pc themself arent able to detect the battery anymore. I cant boot without powersupply. This problem isnt solvable until i reflash the BIOS (no factory default isnt working either :( )

- Rehabman's ACPIBatteryManager isn't working, but I cant figure out if this is related to the above mentioned BIOS issue at this point. It shows no battery available. And its the latest available at his bucket page :)

- Beside that, my sound isn't working, but I cant Figure out what Audio codec i use.
Where the website of HP Shows me Realtek High-Definition (HD) audio-driver (and thats what windows says as well)
HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0295&SUBSYS_103C8393&REV_1000\4&37dd476f&0&0001

booting to Ubuntu 17.04 tells me the folowing with lspci:
001f.3 Audio device: Intel Corporation Device a171 (rev31)

- Last thing, i have build in Thunderbolt 3 and it doesnt show up, though i have nothing really to test it, does anyone know if this works OoB because the latest macbooks have them or do i need a Kext?

Who can help me with those final points?

Hey I have a 2019 hp omen 15 with a i7 8750h and a rtx 2070 with intel ac and Bluetooth 5.0 not much difference besides my stuffs newer and I’m trying to install Sierra but it’s my first time and I don’t know what I’m doing I’m stuck on ACPI error and I don’t know what to do

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back