Contribute
Register

HP OMEN 15-5113dx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your Clover bootlog can be collected after booting. Or with F2 in Clover (will go to EFI/Clover/misc/preboot.log).
So I boot without HDMI cable, save boot.log, rename preboot.log to prebootnormal.log
And I shut down, plug in HDMI, turn back on, wait for 30 secs, press F2, and turn the PC off
Unplug HDMI, boot back to OSX and save bootlog again
These are the files, please help
Thank you

Attachments

• bootlog.log.normal.txt
    31 KB · Views: 204
  • bootlog.log.freeze.txt
    31 KB · Views: 227
  • CLOVER.zip
    11.4 MB · Views: 102
So I boot without HDMI cable, save boot.log, rename preboot.log to prebootnormal.log
And I shut down, plug in HDMI, turn back on, wait for 30 secs, press F2, and turn the PC off
Thank you

If I plug HDMI in and turn on the TV, it stucks at welcome screen as in picture,I waited for 30 secs, I tried to hit F2, but I guess it doesn't create any bootlog, so I generate one in Clover Configuration after shut down and remove the cable and boot back.
Please help.

Attachments

• bootlog.log.welcome.txt
    31.4 KB · Views: 209
  • 20170514_214532.jpg
    20170514_214532.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 132
Thank you

You have to press F2 after you reach the main Clover screen.

You have to press F2 after you reach the main Clover screen.
I did press F2 many times, but it only works when it is not freeze (without HDMI cable plugged), I tried many times and no luck,as soon as it boots I believe it is freeze. Any ideas?

I did press F2 many times, but it only works when it is not freeze (without HDMI cable plugged), I tried many times and no luck,as soon as it boots I believe it is freeze. Any ideas?

Earlier you stated the freeze only lasts as long as you keep the HDMI plugged in. You said that once you unplug it, the freeze stops and Clover comes up. Press F2 after that.

Earlier you stated the freeze only lasts as long as you keep the HDMI plugged in. You said that once you unplug it, the freeze stops and Clover comes up. Press F2 after that.

No,sorry for the misunderstanding. It freeze and even I plug it out it is still freeze. Only until I shut down the PC, unplug and turn it back on, Clover will load. Once it freeze, I cannot do anything except holding Power button to shut it down.

No,sorry for the misunderstanding. It freeze and even I plug it out it is still freeze. Only until I shut down the PC, unplug and turn it back on, Clover will load. Once it freeze, I cannot do anything except holding Power button to shut it down.

Then the Clover bootlog is not going to help you...
You should check BIOS settings...
Is legacy boot enabled?

Then the Clover bootlog is not going to help you...
You should check BIOS settings...
Is legacy boot enabled?

Yes, legacy boot is enabled
And the strange thing is it worked before I updated BIOS (Clover boot normally with HDMI cable on) ,and before I updated Clover too
Should I go back to previous Clover version?
Or is there anything to deal with Clover drivers?

Yes, legacy boot is enabled

Try both with legacy and without.

And the strange thing is it worked before I updated BIOS (Clover boot normally with HDMI cable on) ,and before I updated Clover too

Make sure you re-extact/re-patch ACPI after your BIOS update...

Should I go back to previous Clover version?
Or is there anything to deal with Clover drivers?

You could certainly try it.
Bad idea to change multiple things at the same time...

Try both with legacy and without.

I disabled Legacy and it works (I think the PC bypass HDMI detection so I can get in Clover boot screen. But now this problem shows up (please watch the video). As soon as OSX recognize HDMI it mirrors the screen and ahow the glitch. It was in 10.12.4 and after I updated 10.12.5 same thing happen.
I have to fix it by using the TV screen to disable one monitor and re-enable it and it works again. Can you help me fix it?
Thanks
Video link:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back