Contribute
Register

HP Folio 13 Guide! UNIBEAST + parts of MultiBeast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please find attached IOReg and also system.log in case you want to take a look there too.

The driver is not loading.

Just be aware that I also tried to set sub vendor_id and sub_device id to the original values of the card (since I tested it in my Desktop PC and it was working in Mavericks OOB) through the DSDT patch with the same results, not working. You may see this ids in the IOReg output.

Thanks for all your help.

Your system.log shows permissions were repaired on the Atheros kext:
Code:
	Permissions differ on "System/Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AirPortAtheros40.kext/Contents/Info.plist"; should be -rw-r--r-- ; they are -rwxr-xr-x 
	Repaired "System/Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AirPortAtheros40.kext/Contents/Info.plist"
Oct  4 16:42:44 Fernandos-MacBook-Pro.local Kext Wizard[255]: sions/IO80211Family.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AirPortAtheros40.kext/Contents/_CodeSignature/CodeResources"; should be -rw-r--r-- ; they are -rwxr-xr-x 
	Repaired "System/Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AirPortAtheros40.kext/Contents/_CodeSignature/CodeResources"
	Permissions differ on "System/Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AirPortAtheros40.kext/Contents/version.plist"; should be -rw-r--r-- ; they are -rwxr-xr-x 
	Repaired "System/Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AirPortAtheros40.kext/Contents/version.plist"

Why would the permissions get damaged? Seems you should do a fresh install to insure you have stock/unmodiifed kexts installed.

The driver is not loading.

Your system.log shows permissions were repaired on the Atheros kext:
Code:
    Permissions differ on "System/Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AirPortAtheros40.kext/Contents/Info.plist"; should be -rw-r--r-- ; they are -rwxr-xr-x 
    Repaired "System/Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AirPortAtheros40.kext/Contents/Info.plist"
Oct  4 16:42:44 Fernandos-MacBook-Pro.local Kext Wizard[255]: sions/IO80211Family.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AirPortAtheros40.kext/Contents/_CodeSignature/CodeResources"; should be -rw-r--r-- ; they are -rwxr-xr-x 
    Repaired "System/Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AirPortAtheros40.kext/Contents/_CodeSignature/CodeResources"
    Permissions differ on "System/Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AirPortAtheros40.kext/Contents/version.plist"; should be -rw-r--r-- ; they are -rwxr-xr-x 
    Repaired "System/Library/Extensions/IO80211Family.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AirPortAtheros40.kext/Contents/version.plist"

Why would the permissions get damaged? Seems you should do a fresh install to insure you have stock/unmodiifed kexts installed.

The only thing I ran after the fresh install is Multibeast, Kext Wizard (but didn't install any kext related to network) and Chameleon Wizard (KernelPath). That's all.
I will do the fresh install and come back.

After a fresh install things remain the same.
Wifi is correctly listed in DPCI but it doesn't work and there are no wifi traces in system.log.

After fresh install I only patched DSDT with IRQ+USB6+TNOT and Wifi kitchen sink.
Also I only installed Multibeast (Chimera + USB3 + FakeSMC + AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement) + KernetPatcher (from Chameleon Wizard) + VoodooPS2Controller (rehabman). The minimum to get OSX up with keyboard and touchpad support.
I did check permissions for IO80211Family.kext and they are untouched.

I'm running out of ideas. The wifi card is working ok in Linux (after rebranding) so I know it's not a problem with the card. And the same card without rebranding was working oob with Mavericks 10.9.4, Linux and Windows.

Please find attached IOReg in case you can find something useful and also system.log.

Thanks

Attachments

• FreshReinstall_Kitchen_Sink.ioreg
    1.2 MB · Views: 109
  • system.log.zip
    292.9 KB · Views: 70
After a fresh install things remain the same.
Wifi is correctly listed in DPCI but it doesn't work and there are no wifi traces in system.log.

After fresh install I only patched DSDT with IRQ+USB6+TNOT and Wifi kitchen sink.
Also I only installed Multibeast (Chimera + USB3 + FakeSMC + AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement) + KernetPatcher (from Chameleon Wizard) + VoodooPS2Controller (rehabman). The minimum to get OSX up with keyboard and touchpad support.
I did check permissions for IO80211Family.kext and they are untouched.

I'm running out of ideas. The wifi card is working ok in Linux (after rebranding) so I know it's not a problem with the card. And the same card without rebranding was working oob with Mavericks 10.9.4, Linux and Windows.

Please find attached IOReg in case you can find something useful and also system.log.

Thanks

The driver must be doing additional checks within the binary. Fixing would require investigation/patching of the binary.

The driver must be doing additional checks within the binary. Fixing would require investigation/patching of the binary.

Those are really bad news.
Nothing can be done at rebranding level? The thing is that if I change the device ID, the whitelist will probable block the card (even if subvendor and subdevice are ok).
Just out of curiosity, how patching is done in OS-X, I mean you don't have the source to patch and recompile, like in Linux, right?

Those are really bad news.
Nothing can be done at rebranding level? The thing is that if I change the device ID, the whitelist will probable block the card (even if subvendor and subdevice are ok).

Yes.

Just out of curiosity, how patching is done in OS-X, I mean you don't have the source to patch and recompile, like in Linux, right?

No source is available. Disassembly, analysis, then patching the machine code...

Yes.

No source is available. Disassembly, analysis, then patching the machine code...

Ok, thanks for all you help during this project.
This will be the end of the road for my Folio 13 Hackintosh adventure. :cry:

Almost there, wifi was the last obstacule.

Ok, thanks for all you help during this project.
This will be the end of the road for my Folio 13 Hackintosh adventure. :cry:

Almost there, wifi was the last obstacule.

Just for grins, remove the DSDT patch and try an injector (attached).

Don't forget to repair permissions & rebuild cache after installing (with Kext Wizard).

Attachments

• AirPortAtherosInjector.kext.zip
    2 KB · Views: 101
Just to confirm.

1. Remove DSDT patch.
  2. Unzip the attached Kext
  3. Install the Kext with KextWizard
  4. Repair permissions and cache
  5. Reboot

BTW I just checked the file (I'm curious hehe) and I see that you are adding the device id (32) of my rebranded car. The questions is, will this work in Mavericks? I can read SL, Lion, ML, etc but no Mavericks. And I'm running on 10.9.4.

In any case I will give it a try right now!

Just to confirm.

1. Remove DSDT patch.
  2. Unzip the attached Kext
  3. Install the Kext with KextWizard
  4. Repair permissions and cache
  5. Reboot

Yes.

BTW I just checked the file (I'm curious hehe) and I see that you are adding the device id (32) of my rebranded car. The questions is, will this work in Mavericks? I can read SL, Lion, ML, etc but no Mavericks. And I'm running on 10.9.4.

In any case I will give it a try right now!

Mavericks is same as ML as far as this injector.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back