Contribute
Register

HP ENVY x360 t15 Laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.
What you want me to do with FakeSmc? Shall it be installed in both folders Clover/Kexts/Others and system/library/extensions ?

The instructions are not clear on one side essential kext should go to C/K/O (Efi partition) and on the other hand you say all to S/L/E (system partition).

In the FakeSmc Wiki it says install to system partition. And this is what was done.

Redudancy is not necessary could even result in new problems according to other sources. Actually tried all three possibilities and they do not change shut down behaviour

Last edited:
What you want me to do with FakeSmc? Shall it be installed in both folders Clover/Kexts/Others and system/library/extensions ?

FakeSMC.kext is part of both sets... "essential" and part of "all kexts you need", therefore... yes... it goes to both places.
It is very clear in the guide.

Actually tried all three possibilities and they do not change shut down behaviour

Only one correct way.
If you have an issue, attach "Problem Reporting" files.

FakeSMC.kext is part of both sets... "essential" and part of "all kexts you need", therefore... yes... it goes to both places.
It is very clear in the guide.

Only one correct way.
If you have an issue, attach "Problem Reporting" files.

I think I have to say that this system has 128GB Sata M2 SSD and 512gb 2.5 inch Sata SSD

Usually I was working on the 128gb M2 Sandisk.

Thats my current stuff. I tried to add the NVMe Patches because the system has the M2 slot. The currently installed SSD is however shown as SATA so it uses M2 port but as SATA Mode. I plan to replace with real NVMe SSD later.

As I though shudown may be linked with this M2 slot. I clone the complete system to real SATA SSD. I removed the M2 device. But it does not change anything on the shutdown issue. So it is clear it is not the case.

As there was some I2C error shown on Verbose shutdown. I also patched the SSDT for I2C with VoodooI2C. The system has a touchscreen and SD Card reader on I2C. The touch will not be supported at the moment and the SD Card seems also not supported. But I though may give a try and replace in SSDT.

No look. Shutdown still not working. Screen goes black but FAN still turning.

Attachments

• Archiv.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 68
I think I have to say that this system has 128GB Sata M2 SSD and 512gb 2.5 inch Sata SSD

Usually I was working on the 128gb M2 Sandisk.

Thats my current stuff. I tried to add the NVMe Patches because the system has the M2 slot. The currently installed SSD is however shown as SATA so it uses M2 port but as SATA Mode. I plan to replace with real NVMe SSD later.

NVMe patching only for NVMe devices.

As there was some I2C error shown on Verbose shutdown. I also patched the SSDT for I2C with VoodooI2C. The system has a touchscreen and SD Card reader on I2C. The touch will not be supported at the moment and the SD Card seems also not supported. But I though may give a try and replace in SSDT.

No look. Shutdown still not working. Screen goes black but FAN still turning.

MacBookPro13,2 is a poor choice.
Use MacBookPro13,1 or even MacBookPro11,1.

Use Clover patch for TRIM, not 'trimforce'.

You forgot to press F4 to collect ACPI/origin... not possible to evaluate ACPI/patched/DSDT.aml.

How about the latest MacBook Modell? Shouldn't I choose something more similar.
It has Kabylake CPU?

As espected the Modell change to 11,1 does not solve the shutdown problem.

I will upload again problem reporting files tomorrow.

Last edited:
How about the latest MacBook Modell? Shouldn't I choose something more similar.
It has Kabylake CPU?

It is something you could try. But I don't think it is that important... but I think out of all MacBookPro13,x, MacBookPro13,1 better success ratio.

Your problem may not even be related... I couldn't complete my review due to incomplete "Problem Reporting" files.

You should pay close attention to what is happening during shutdown...
Important to notice the difference between failed shutdown and "auto restart after shutdown".
Also, you can boot verbose to get verbose shutdown.

You should pay close attention to what is happening during shutdown...
Important to notice the difference between failed shutdown and "auto restart after shutdown".
Also, you can boot verbose to get verbose shutdown.

Already checked verbose. See the Video I uploaded earlier.

I have never Auto Restart after Shutdown. I read about, that is not the problem.
I have working Menu Apple Icon Restart (90%)
I have no working Apple Icon Shutdown. last Message is CPU halt , Screen Black (backlight also off), Harddrive-LED, Power LED and FAN still on. See the problem is power off not working.

Attachments

• ioreg.zip
    586.9 KB · Views: 66
  • CLOVER.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 68
  • patchma 2.zip
    140.6 KB · Views: 59
  • kextcache.txt
    1.8 KB · Views: 101
  • kextstat.txt
    508 bytes · Views: 115
Already checked verbose. See the Video I uploaded earlier.

I have never Auto Restart after Shutdown. I read about, that is not the problem.
I have working Menu Apple Icon Restart (90%)
I have no working Apple Icon Shutdown. last Message is CPU halt , Screen Black (backlight also off), Harddrive-LED, Power LED and FAN still on. See the problem is power off not working.

Your drivers64UEFI is wrong. OsxAptioFix2, OsxAptioFix, and OsxLowMemFix are mutually exclusive. Choose only one.
Eliminate CsmVideoDxe, and other drivers not needed...
Typical content is only:
EmuVariableUefi-64.efi
OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi
HFSPlus.efi
FSInject-64.efi
DataHubDxe-64.efi

Your ACPI configuration is wrong. Using the _OSI->XOSI patch without SSDT-XOSI.aml is not valid (it breaks all calls to _OSI).

I didn't check anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back