Contribute
Register

HP ENVY x360 15-u252na

Status
Not open for further replies.
No puzzle there. VM is fantasy hardware with the devices (such as touchscreen) emulated in software.
Resist the temptation to compare VM against real hardware. It is like comparing tofu to a steak sandwich.
I think it isn't emulated. It disconnects from Mac and connects to vm, that's why I think it isn't like mouse and keyboard, that are clearly emulated. It should be directly bridged from vm, just like when you connect a mass storage. It doesn't emulate a mock hardware: it just bridges it to the vm (maybe it's a fake device, but it's a copy of the real one)...

I think it isn't emulated.

Wrong. I don't think you looked at your ioreg files very carefully. The VM ioreg is full of fantasy hardware...

Wrong. I don't think you looked at your ioreg files very carefully. The VM ioreg is full of fantasy hardware...
Yes, I know. I referred to the Touch Digitizer.
Is obvious that it can't disconnect internal hubs or CPU...

Yes, I know. I referred to the Touch Digitizer.

The touchscreen as it appears in your bare metal ioreg is nowhere to be found in the VM.
Please quit comparing VM to bare metal. It is a waste of time.

Is obvious that it can't disconnect internal hubs or CPU...

No idea what you're trying to say.

The touchscreen as it appears in your bare metal ioreg is nowhere to be found in the VM.
Please quit comparing VM to bare metal. It is a waste of time.
So nothing to do?

So nothing to do?

Your touchscreen clearly is not compatible (it is detected with correct USB configuration, but you report it not working).
So, you would need to write a custom driver for it.

Hi RehabMan, I found something interesting here as regards touchscreen issue.
If your driver matches when you hot-plug your device but not when your device is attached at boot time, a boot-time driver might be matching to your device. Even though your driver is a better match, I/O Kit will not terminate a driver which has already been given control over a device.
Maybe it's my case. Is there a way to turn off the device on boot and turn it on when system is running, without connecting and disconnecting wires from the motherboard?

Hi RehabMan, I found something interesting here as regards touchscreen issue.

Maybe it's my case. Is there a way to turn off the device on boot and turn it on when system is running, without connecting and disconnecting wires from the motherboard?

You can easily see which driver is attached to your device in ioreg...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back