CPU
i5 > Need model # > See Rules!
Graphics
GT 820M
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi all, I bought a new laptop and I'm trying to hackintosh it.
Here its specs:

Mobo: HP ENVY x360 15-u252na
CPU: Intel core i5-5200U
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 5500, 1366x768
WLAN: BCM943142HM

I followed RehabMan's guide, but when I boot installer from USB I get this error.
View attachment DSC_0397.JPG
Please help me.
Thanks

The strange fact is that I reached OS recovery, but only once. Other times I tried it showed that error... How is it possible?

No idea.

I think setting DVMT-prealloc is too invasive... If is there a way to get the same effect without doing it...

You could use the minStolenSize patch to nullify the assertion, but your system may be unstable.

STEP 2.1: Apply the patch to pass the Stolen Memory assertion.

We need to patch AppleIntelBDWGraphicsFramebuffer binary file.
Find 39CF763C and replace it with 39CF773C.

After using this patch, in theory you don't have to change your BIOS settings.
You can try to inject ig-platform-id and see what happens.

If you encounter some problems, try to modify Framebuffer data in AppleIntelBDWGraphicsFramebuffer binary.
Detailed information on Broadwell's framebuffer can be found on this page.
Do you refer to this?

Do you refer to this?

That's not the patch I use (the patch I use is in the plists in my guide), and of course it is for 10.11, not 10.12.
I have not created a patch for 10.12 yet. But you can probably find one with google.

That's not the patch I use (the patch I use is in the plists in my guide), and of course it is for 10.11, not 10.12.
I have not created a patch for 10.12 yet. But you can probably find one with google.
Thanks. First I will try booting yosemite from an external HD.

Another question. Which System definitions do you recommend for this HW? Should I define one before booting the installer (??maybe this denies boot??) or can I do this even after installing the system?

Thanks. First I will try booting yosemite from an external HD.

Another question. Which System definitions do you recommend for this HW? Should I define one before booting the installer (??maybe this denies boot??) or can I do this even after installing the system?

You can use any Haswell SMBIOS. Probably the best match would be MacBookAir6,2. But MacBookPro11,1 would also work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back