Contribute
Register

HP Envy L6F68AV (15t-q400) No Audio from Internal Speakers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your ioreg shows audio working. What is the issue?

Also...
"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Arghh I tried so hard to make them complete - I can't even do that right :/. Sorry. I don't want to waste your time. The audio is just not, well, audible. No sound is coming out. The headphone works but nothing comes from the built in speakers. I'll use the automated script and update this post.

The audio is just not, well, audible. No sound is coming out. The headphone works but nothing comes from the built in speakers.

Probably a pathmap issue. Try all layout-id values possible or create your own XML for AppleALC.

Probably a pathmap issue. Try all layout-id values possible or create your own XML for AppleALC.

I've tried all layout-ids (including ones that aren't on the AppleALC suggested page) and none have worked. Both 3 and 28 allow for access to the microphone's functionality, but that's it. I've attached the script that collects the error reports.

I think I will have to explore making my own XML like you said :(.

Attachments

• debug_26626.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 69
I've tried all layout-ids (including ones that aren't on the AppleALC suggested page) and none have worked. Both 3 and 28 allow for access to the microphone's functionality, but that's it. I've attached the script that collects the error reports.

I think I will have to explore making my own XML like you said :(.

Try EC reset.
Try CMOS reset.
Check BIOS settings.

You should also verify your speaker is working in Windows.

Try EC reset.
Try CMOS reset.
Check BIOS settings.

You should also verify your speaker is working in Windows.
Alright I've done all of those things, and even with the legacy option turned on in my BIOS (there really aren't many options other than that), I'm still not getting anything. I've been tinkering around with VoodooHDA and I'm able to make the speakers work with that, but not the subwoofer, resulting in really tinny sound. Ideally I'd like to do it vanilla with AppleALC and Lilu but I still can't seem to figure it out.

Ideally I'd like to do it vanilla with AppleALC and Lilu but I still can't seem to figure it out.

Assuming you tried all layout-id values for your audio codec as supported by AppleALC, you will probably need custom XML/custom AppleALC.kext.

Assuming you tried all layout-id values for your audio codec as supported by AppleALC, you will probably need custom XML/custom AppleALC.kext.
Yeah it's going to come down to this. It's probably due to my layout.

Are there any guides to fixing this? The closest I can find is https://github.com/acidanthera/AppleALC/wiki/Adding-codec-support which I don't think is what I need.

From tinkering with VoodooHDA I've managed to get my pinconfigs
jpJncGV.jpg

Although frankly I'm not sure which would be considered the subwoofer in all of these.

As I'm aware the proper configuration of the laptop is:
  1. Three speakers - one left, one right(these two acting as one device), and one subwoofer module
  2. One 3.5mm headphone jack
  3. An internal microphone for the webcam (this is one I'm not sure about, I don't know if it is two separate microphones or one as there are two holes in the display chasis and the laptop's repair manual is poorly written and seems to indicate them as one module)
In my devices while using the default VoodooHDA kext, I have

Output:
  1. Speaker (Analogue) - Type= Apple speaker port <--- only tweeters work
  2. Headphones (Back Right) - Type= Headphone Port <--- this seems to work well
Input:
  1. Microphone (Black Right) - Type: Microphone Port <---- this works a little, sounds like it's muffled, not from the webcam
  2. Microphone (ATAPI) - Type: Microphone Port <--- this works well, is definitely the webcam microphone

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back