CPU
Intel® Core™ i7-1165G7
Graphics
NVIDIA® GeForce® MX450
Hello!

I have the following laptop:

HP ENVY 17-cg1001nl Notebook

And the hardware is the following:

CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-1165G7 (fino a 4,7 GHz con tecnologia Intel® Turbo Boost, 12 MB di cache L3, 4 core, 8 thread)
CHIPSET: Intel® Integrated SoC
RAM: 16 GB di RAM DDR4-3200 MHz (2 x 8 GB)
SSD + HDD: 256 GB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD + Unità HD SATA da 1 TB a 7200 rpm
VIDEO CARD: Integrated intel + NVIDIA® GeForce® MX450 (2 GB di GDDR5 dedicati)
PORTS:
- 1 USB SuperSpeed Type-C® con velocità di trasmissione di 10 Gbps (USB Power Delivery, DisplayPort™ 1.4, HP Sleep and Charge)
- 1 USB SuperSpeed Type-A con velocità di trasmissione di 5 Gbps (HP Sleep and Charge)
- 2 USB SuperSpeed Type-A con velocità di trasmissione di 5 Gbps
- 1 HDMI 2.0
- 1 Smart Pin CA
- 1 combo cuffie/microfono[25]

WIRELESS CARD: Combo Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX201 (2x2) e Bluetooth® 5 (supporta velocità di trasferimento file Gigabit)
AUDIO: Integrated Intel Sound Card

With this configuration, do I have any hope of being able to install MacOS Monterey?

Thanks in advance!

Hello!

I have the following laptop:

HP ENVY 17-cg1001nl Notebook

And the hardware is the following:

CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-1165G7 (fino a 4,7 GHz con tecnologia Intel® Turbo Boost, 12 MB di cache L3, 4 core, 8 thread)
CHIPSET: Intel® Integrated SoC
RAM: 16 GB di RAM DDR4-3200 MHz (2 x 8 GB)
SSD + HDD: 256 GB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD + Unità HD SATA da 1 TB a 7200 rpm
VIDEO CARD: Integrated intel + NVIDIA® GeForce® MX450 (2 GB di GDDR5 dedicati)
PORTS:
- 1 USB SuperSpeed Type-C® con velocità di trasmissione di 10 Gbps (USB Power Delivery, DisplayPort™ 1.4, HP Sleep and Charge)
- 1 USB SuperSpeed Type-A con velocità di trasmissione di 5 Gbps (HP Sleep and Charge)
- 2 USB SuperSpeed Type-A con velocità di trasmissione di 5 Gbps
- 1 HDMI 2.0
- 1 Smart Pin CA
- 1 combo cuffie/microfono[25]

WIRELESS CARD: Combo Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX201 (2x2) e Bluetooth® 5 (supporta velocità di trasferimento file Gigabit)
AUDIO: Integrated Intel Sound Card

With this configuration, do I have any hope of being able to install MacOS Monterey?

Thanks in advance!

Hi there and welcome.

Unfortunately there are several problems with your model of laptop. The main one is a lack of supported graphics, either from the 11th gen Intel CPU or the Nvidia MX450. You might be able to install macOS but the display output will be basic VESA modes and suffer from a lack of hardware-acceleration.

11th generation Intel CPUs have little support from the community. Aside from the iGPU issue there are also problems with the USB stack.

Sorry for the bad news. Hopefully you have other hardware you can use.

Hi there and welcome.

Unfortunately there are several problems with your model of laptop. The main one is a lack of supported graphics, either from the 11th gen Intel CPU or the Nvidia MX450. You might be able to install macOS but the display output will be basic VESA modes and suffer from a lack of hardware-acceleration.

11th generation Intel CPUs have little support from the community. Aside from the iGPU issue there are also problems with the USB stack.

Sorry for the bad news. Hopefully you have other hardware you can use.

Thanks a lot for the answer!

Unfortunately I have no other hardware to test on, never mind, one day I will buy a real Macbook and for the moment "I'm happy" to learn something using it in a virtual machine.

Thanks again, with your answer you have saved me a lot of time in certainly useless attempts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back