Intel HD 3000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello,

Thanks to this amazing forum, I was successfully able to dual boot my hp elite book 8460p, with unibeast. It took about a day and a half to do it, a bit of reading, and trail and error on my part!! I finally got it working, and have a few questions for you guys.

1.I am only able to get into the chimera/multibeast boot loader through usb on startup to pick Macintosh.I also need to do the ignore cache otherwise it just waits at the apple logo with an unfilled bar underneath. If I do not use the usb, it will automatically load windows 7 professional 64 bit version. How can I get the boot loader working? I tried DSDT free, and nothing happened. I also tried EasyBeast and again nothing happened.

2.I noticed I have a compatible hp wifi card its the BCM943224HMS card. Can anyone confirm this? If it is compatible, how do I get airport? Right now I am tethering wifi from jailbroken iPhone using the MyWi app.

3.How do I find which audio drive works for me? I believe I installed the VoodooHDA v2.7.3 and the audio is kind of loud and scratchy.

Info about my computer:
Hp Elitebook 8460p
I5-2450m
4 gb ram
I have not checked but I believe it is a 500gb hitachi hard drive.
(I have created two partition on this drive for mac and windows)
wifi card I mentioned above.

I tried finding my own answer a but now I feel like I have hit a brick wall.:banghead::banghead:
I have read about the ktext, and the hp probook installer, but that was with clover.

Thank You

Hello,

Thanks to this amazing forum, I was successfully able to dual boot my hp elite book 8460p, with unibeast. It took about a day and a half to do it, a bit of reading, and trail and error on my part!! I finally got it working, and have a few questions for you guys.

1.I am only able to get into the chimera/multibeast boot loader through usb on startup to pick Macintosh.I also need to do the ignore cache otherwise it just waits at the apple logo with an unfilled bar underneath. If I do not use the usb, it will automatically load windows 7 professional 64 bit version. How can I get the boot loader working? I tried DSDT free, and nothing happened. I also tried EasyBeast and again nothing happened.

2.I noticed I have a compatible hp wifi card its the BCM943224HMS card. Can anyone confirm this? If it is compatible, how do I get airport? Right now I am tethering wifi from jailbroken iPhone using the MyWi app.

3.How do I find which audio drive works for me? I believe I installed the VoodooHDA v2.7.3 and the audio is kind of loud and scratchy.

Info about my computer:
Hp Elitebook 8460p
I5-2450m
4 gb ram
I have not checked but I believe it is a 500gb hitachi hard drive.
(I have created two partition on this drive for mac and windows)
wifi card I mentioned above.

I tried finding my own answer a but now I feel like I have hit a brick wall.:banghead::banghead:
I have read about the ktext, and the hp probook installer, but that was with clover.

Thank You

Start over.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-proboo...-install-yosemite-hp-laptops-clover-uefi.html

Could I not just install clover boot loader? Honestly, if I need to redo everything with clover, I just stick to using the usb drive anytime I want to use macintosh.

Now how about for the wifi and audio? Do I need clover for that as well?

Could I not just install clover boot loader? Honestly, if I need to redo everything with clover, I just stick to using the usb drive anytime I want to use macintosh.

Now how about for the wifi and audio? Do I need clover for that as well?

Your process of using Unibeast/Multibeast has probably damaged enough parts to make starting over recommended.

It is not difficult and doesn't take much time.

You should have followed the guide in the first place and saved a lot of time. Quite frankly, you should not expect others to help you clean up your mess when there is a guide written that already works.

WiFi and audio will work if you follow the guide. Of course, you need compatible WiFi hardware installed.

I did not use the clover method, because under the guide for dual booting windows, it only states 7-series. Maybe if it mentioned something about 6-series, I would have used it.

Sorry, I think I might have misread your statement. But my final question is, would I be able to migrate to clover boot load without reinstalling?

I did not use the clover method, because under the guide for dual booting windows, it only states 7-series. Maybe if it mentioned something about 6-series, I would have used it.

It states nothing of the sort. There is special instructions for 7-series regarding Win7 and CSM. 6-series models have CSM enabled by default (with no option to disable it).

... But my final question is, would I be able to migrate to clover boot load without reinstalling?

You could do it if you know what you're doing and if you know what you did to install in the first place. Much of what you've already done will need to be undone. If you know how to do that, go for it. If not, do a fresh install.

I might as well try it. If so I will learn something new, if not then fresh reinstall!!:D:D
Thank you RehabMan, you have been very helpful!!
Also I found a video on fixing the crackling sound.
Here is the link to it :
HTML:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_r1-28TYVQ

Also I found a video on fixing the crackling sound.
Here is the link to it :
HTML:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_r1-28TYVQ

We do not use VoodooHDA with the ProBook/EliteBook guide, so your video link is rather irrelevant and off-topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back