Votes: 11 64.7%
  • No

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • With exceptions

Votes: 5 29.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It has a whitelist! But BCM943224HMS is whitelisted and works.

HP 7-series laptops do not have wifi whitelist, it only has WWAN whitelist.

HP 7-series laptops do not have wifi whitelist, it only has WWAN whitelist.

I had bought an BCM94322HM8L and I got a whitelist BIOS error.

Thanks, just ordered the one you suggested mate so will see how I get on with it...

right onto the next step :)
I now have mavericks up and running fully (minus the replacement wifi card which is en route) :headbang:

My Elitebook came with windows 7 professional installed as standard.
I have since wiped that during this process.
I am now looking to get the dual boot mavericks / Windows 7 (UEFI) working

I have a valid Win 7 pro key from the back of my battery, so I was going to download the following ISO

Extract the contents of that iso to a usb stick (FAT32) and follow the instructions in the clover thread.

1. Create your Windows UEFI install USB key by copy all the files from Windows Install DVD or extract files from ISO file to a FAT32 partition.

2. Use Disk Utility or GParted to create a partition (any format, except FAT) on hard drive for Windows.
During the maverics installation process I created 2 partitions as advised.
1 is called MAVINST and is 80GB Mac OSX Extneded Journaled (Mount point of "/"
The second partition is called WINDOZE (also 80gb) and is currently also a Mac OS Extended Journaled partition (Mount point of /Volumes/WINDOWS) - I formatted it this way due to the advice given earlier in this thread. BOTH PARTITIONS ARE CURRENTLY ---> GUID Partition Table
So have I essentially already done step 2 ?

3. Restart and press F9 to choose Boot devices > Boot from EFI file > choose your Windows Install USB key > EFI > Boot > BOOTX64.efi

4. Use Windows installer to format the partition you prepared.
I guess at this point the "WINDOZE" partition will be visible within the windows installer and I need to now format it as NTFS ?? and then proceed with the windows install as normal?
Complete install and now you will boot to Windows by default, Clover disappears.

Once I complete all of the other steps am I correct in thinking that I will then have a fully dual bootable MAC and Windows setup both using UEFI ?

That guide only applies to Windows 8 UEFI above. For Windows 7, burn the iso to DVD, make sure you choose UEFI(without CSM) in BIOS and install your Windows, after you can boot to Windows 7, follow step 5.

During the maverics installation process I created 2 partitions as advised.
1 is called MAVINST and is 80GB Mac OSX Extneded Journaled (Mount point of "/"
The second partition is called WINDOZE (also 80gb) and is currently also a Mac OS Extended Journaled partition (Mount point of /Volumes/WINDOWS) - I formatted it this way due to the advice given earlier in this thread. BOTH PARTITIONS ARE CURRENTLY ---> GUID Partition Table
So have I essentially already done step 2 ?
Yes

I guess at this point the "WINDOZE" partition will be visible within the windows installer and I need to now format it as NTFS ?? and then proceed with the windows install as normal?
Complete install and now you will boot to Windows by default, Clover disappears.

Once I complete all of the other steps am I correct in thinking that I will then have a fully dual bootable MAC and Windows setup both using UEFI ?

Yes, you won't see WINDOZE name, but you can easily recognize it. Choose it and remove, than create a new NTFS partition.

My Bluetooth appears to have stopped working now.
Not a deal breaker but would be interested how to fix it. I ran clover again with the same options and replaced the necessary files from the mavericks clover installation guide.

The Icon is greyed out on the top bar and shows (Bluetooth not available)

when checking in system info bluetooth now shows as "no information found" whereas it used to have an entry for something like Apple Bluetooth Software Version 4.2.0f6 12982.....

Any suggestions how to get that running again please?

My Bluetooth appears to have stopped working now.
Not a deal breaker but would be interested how to fix it. I ran clover again with the same options and replaced the necessary files from the mavericks clover installation guide.

The Icon is greyed out on the top bar and shows (Bluetooth not available)

when checking in system info bluetooth now shows as "no information found" whereas it used to have an entry for something like Apple Bluetooth Software Version 4.2.0f6 12982.....

Any suggestions how to get that running again please?

It has nothing to do with Clover...Recheck if ProbookARPT is in S/L/E, and use the wireless button in the top right of your laptop.

It has nothing to do with Clover...Recheck if ProbookARPT is in S/L/E, and use the wireless button in the top right of your laptop.

Thanks nguyenmac
Looks like I had disabled the "Wirless button status" in integrated peripherals in the BIOS. FAIL again on my part. :banghead:

Thanks nguyenmac
Looks like I had disabled the "Wirless button status" in integrated peripherals in the BIOS. FAIL again on my part. :banghead:

You get it working now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back