ATI 7470M
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello all,

I am having lots of problems, to start the Mac OS X Lion from HDD after installation (it only starts via USB). Does anybody know if there is an issue between ProBook Installer and the BIOS version ? The problem is that I have the latest F.29 version installed, and Multibeast only has the option to select up to F.20. I don't know if selecting the wrong version of the BIOS will affect start-up (I think the answer is yes). In any case what should I do: not select any BIOS or try to downgrade to F.20 ?

Is there anybody with similar problems ?

Regards,
netbug

Hello all,

I am having lots of problems, to start the Mac OS X Lion from HDD after installation (it only starts via USB). Does anybody know if there is an issue between ProBook Installer and the BIOS version ? The problem is that I have the latest F.29 version installed, and Multibeast only has the option to select up to F.20. I don't know if selecting the wrong version of the BIOS will affect start-up (I think the answer is yes). In any case what should I do: not select any BIOS or try to downgrade to F.20 ?

Is there anybody with similar problems ?

Regards,
netbug

Have you read this guide?

http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook-4530s/77494-guide-installing-lion-hp-probook.html

If not, highly recommended. If so, why are you using Multibeast?

Have you read this guide?

http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook-4530s/77494-guide-installing-lion-hp-probook.html

If not, highly recommended. If so, why are you using Multibeast?

Hi,
Thanks for your answer. Yes I followed that guide step by step, the only difference is that I am using HP ProBook installer 5.1b instead of 4.1b (I will try 4.1b).
My only problem is that the bootloader never works from the hdd, only from the USB stick (after this it works very well).

Best regards,
netbug

Hi,
Thanks for your answer. Yes I followed that guide step by step, the only difference is that I am using HP ProBook installer 5.1b instead of 4.1b (I will try 4.1b).
My only problem is that the bootloader never works from the hdd, only from the USB stick (after this it works very well).

Best regards,
netbug

Don't worry about the 5.1b vs 4.1b nonsense. It was just a confusing naming of the thread (I will go in and rename it now, I think...)

As far as your boot loader issue, it is covered in the guide step 15.

Don't worry about the 5.1b vs 4.1b nonsense. It was just a confusing naming of the thread (I will go in and rename it now, I think...)

As far as your boot loader issue, it is covered in the guide step 15.

Hi,
Thanks a lot. I think you are right. My HP4530s came with a 750 GB HDD, and most have HDDs with a capacity of 500 GB or less. So the issue might be the blocksize.

I will give it a try.

Thanks a lot,

netbug

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back