Contribute
Register

HP 250 G6 - can't reach the installer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had quite a bit of success with the HP 250 G6. I just updated from 10.13.2 to 10.13.3 and everything seems to be working ok (except for Intel WIFI, but I'm using USB WIFI until I get a new card).

This install is running all stock apple kexts and doing the patching from Clover. There are some support kexts in L/E and S/L/E such as AppleBacklightInjector.kext etc

Whats working:
1. Brightness (AppleBacklightInjector.kext) + Brightness keys (ACPI patch in DSDT.aml for the keys _Q11 and _Q12)
2. HDMI fix and hot plug support (clover patch)
3. Sleep/Wake (Darwin Dumper + FixEdid to create DisplayVendorID)
4. Power Management (Pike's Script to generate SSDT.aml). I'm using Rehabman's HW Monitors also.
5. Audio drop out after Wake from sleep FIXED (Darkwake and CodecCommander.kext)
6. Card reader working
7. Web Cam working
8. HD 620 Graphics
9. iCloud / iMessage / Facetime etc all working.

I'm running on an SSD, but still using HFS+. Also running the latest Bios update from HP.
I used MacIASL with ACPI 6.1 option to work with the DSDT.aml file. Also had to remove a duplicate ssd from the origin folder, and some unrecognised methods from the DSDT.aml file.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    22.2 MB · Views: 482
  • Screen Shot 2018-01-27 at 21.31.07.png
    Screen Shot 2018-01-27 at 21.31.07.png
    166.7 KB · Views: 322
Last edited:
I've had quite a bit of success with the HP 250 G6. I just updated from 10.13.2 to 10.13.3 and everything seems to be working ok (except for Intel WIFI, but I'm using USB WIFI until I get a new card).

This install is running all stock apple kexts and doing the patching from Clover. There are some support kexts in L/E and S/L/E such as AppleBacklightInjector.kext etc

Whats working:
1. Brightness (AppleBacklightInjector.kext) + Brightness keys (ACPI patch in DSDT.aml for the keys _Q11 and _Q12)
4. Power Management (Pike's Script to generate SSDT.aml). I'm using Rehabman's HW Monitors also.
5. Audio drop out after Wake from sleep FIXED (Darkwake and CodecCommander.kext)
6. Card reader working
7. Web Cam working
8. HD 620 Graphics

I'm running on an SSD, but still using HFS+. Im' also running the latest Bios update from HP.
I used MacIASL with ACPI 6.1 option to work with the DSDT.aml file. Also had to remove a duplicate ssd from the origin folder, and some unrecognised methods from the DSDT.aml file.

Why did you generate a SSDT for power management when your processor is not Haswell or earlier?

Pike's script has a target option for Skylake and Kabylake cpu types. So I created the SSDT from that.
https://github.com/Piker-Alpha/ssdtPRGen.sh

This script and Rehabman's HWMonitors give me the attached output.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-01-28 at 11.34.18.png
    Screen Shot 2018-01-28 at 11.34.18.png
    119 KB · Views: 199
Last edited:
and what's the advantage of using the SSDT for power management, when it should work even without the SSDT?

I think it helps to report the cpu speeds and core temps etc. It works alongside the HWMonitors I think. I.e, before I created the SSDT, I only had SSD details and core temp showing in rehab man's HWMONITOR.

Thanks for that Rehabman.

I must have missed that first bit when I read the guide referenced in your link originally. I had actually activated the clover patch with "config.plist/ACPI/SSDT/Generate/PluginType=true" in my config.plist already.

SO I just removed the SSDT, and as suggested by Rehabman and Dimitree, the SSDT was not needed for this CPU, and Power management monitoring is active.

One question though, why does Pike's script have support for the Haswell and later cpu's if this is the case? I assume for custom SSDTs? I saw that, and assumed I still needed it ;).

Also, any fix for the high temp reading on my m.2 ssd. Showing currently 1566 degrees centigrade :).

Last edited:
One question though, why does Pike's script have support for the Haswell and later cpu's if this is the case? I assume for custom SSDTs? I saw that, and assumed I still needed it ;).

I discovered that only "plugin-type"=1 injection required relatively recently...after the work had been done in ssdtPRgen.sh.

Also, any fix for the high temp reading on my m.2 ssd. Showing currently 1566 degrees centigrade :).

The temp reading from HWMonitor.app is probably not accurate.

I discovered that only "plugin-type"=1 injection required relatively recently...after the work had been done in ssdtPRgen.sh.

The temp reading from HWMonitor.app is probably not accurate.

AH, I see what you mean. Much simpler solution in the end though. Great work.

Yes, I thought the temp reading was wrong. It hasn't melted a hole in the case yet anyway ;)

Whats working:
6. Card reader working
7. Web Cam working
8. HD 620 Graphics

I'm running on an SSD, but still using HFS+. Also running the latest Bios update from HP.

I really want to thank you with all of my heart. I've spend days trying to boot into installer without any success.
Carbon-copying my Mac HD and adding your EFI I'd successfully booted into OSX.
Just a question: have you found a solution for bluetooth and wifi or I better change the card itself?

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back