Motherboard
HP 250 G6 Laptop
CPU
Intel i3-6006u @2.00 GHz
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 520 (1366x768)
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
I get KP when trying to boot the installer from Clover on my new laptop (specs in signature)

I followed meticulously each step of the guide (this is not my first hackintosh, I've done some other laptops) and did the procedure twice, but obviously I'm missing something, but I don't know what.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

I'm using High Sierra downloaded yesterday from the AppStore from my MacBookPro 2017,
I'm using latest version of Clover and the latest versions of the essential kexts (FakeSMC, VoodooPS2Controller, SATA-100-series-unsupported).
I also tried with and without those kexts: IntelGraphicsFixup, Lilu, USBInjectAll.
Of course I disabled secure boot and VT-d, I can't set DVMT-prealloc but config.plist for HD520 should already handle that.

I attach a screenshot of the KP, and the Clover folder that I'm using (without themes of course)

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 165
  • kp1.jpg
    kp1.jpg
    404.6 KB · Views: 431
  • kp2.jpg
    kp2.jpg
    225.2 KB · Views: 438
I get KP when trying to boot the installer from Clover on my new laptop (specs in signature)

I followed meticulously each step of the guide (this is not my first hackintosh, I've done some other laptops) and did the procedure twice, but obviously I'm missing something, but I don't know what.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

I'm using High Sierra downloaded yesterday from the AppStore from my MacBookPro 2017,
I'm using latest version of Clover and the latest versions of the essential kexts (FakeSMC, VoodooPS2Controller, SATA-100-series-unsupported).
I also tried with and without those kexts: IntelGraphicsFixup, Lilu, USBInjectAll.
Of course I disabled secure boot and VT-d, I can't set DVMT-prealloc but config.plist for HD520 should already handle that.

I attach a screenshot of the KP, and the Clover folder that I'm using (without themes of course)

As per guide, must use invalid ig-platform-id until you can properly activate the DVMT-prealloc 32mb patch.
Read here carefully:

thanks, that was indeed the issue.

I installed 10.13 and now I'm trying to patch DSDT and SSDT, but during disassembling I got:
Code:
ACPI Error: [_DSM] Namespace lookup failure, AE_ALREADY_EXISTS (20161210/dswload-462)
ACPI Exception: AE_ALREADY_EXISTS, During name lookup/catalog (20161210/psobject-310)
Could not parse external ACPI tables, AE_ALREADY_EXISTS

from what I've read, it means I may have duplicated SSDT, but I checked the file size of each SSDT and they are all different.
I tried with tables from Clover F4 extraction, and from Linux (obviously I removed dynamic SSDTs), but both sets gives me that issue (furthermore, with Linux extraction I got one additional SSDT).
I tried disassembling with and without refs (using the latest iasl), but I got the same issue.
I'm attaching both set of tables, since I really don't understand how to solve this issue.

Attachments

• dsdt clover.zip
    82.9 KB · Views: 142
  • dsdt linux.zip
    83.3 KB · Views: 129
On my HP 250 G5 i can change DVMT-prealloc size with the advanced Bios utility. At startup press F10 for Bios and before the Bios screen appears press several times "a". Then you should be able to change the DVMT-prealloc size under the "Advanced" settings. And don't forget to set the boot mode to "Legacy boot" otherwise you have a garbled screen.
That's the case with mine too. Did you have any issues with the QE accelerator kext? (AppleIntelBDWGraphics.kext)

thanks, that was indeed the issue.

I installed 10.13 and now I'm trying to patch DSDT and SSDT, but during disassembling I got:
Code:
ACPI Error: [_DSM] Namespace lookup failure, AE_ALREADY_EXISTS (20161210/dswload-462)
ACPI Exception: AE_ALREADY_EXISTS, During name lookup/catalog (20161210/psobject-310)
Could not parse external ACPI tables, AE_ALREADY_EXISTS

from what I've read, it means I may have duplicated SSDT, but I checked the file size of each SSDT and they are all different.
I tried with tables from Clover F4 extraction, and from Linux (obviously I removed dynamic SSDTs), but both sets gives me that issue (furthermore, with Linux extraction I got one additional SSDT).
I tried disassembling with and without refs (using the latest iasl), but I got the same issue.
I'm attaching both set of tables, since I really don't understand how to solve this issue.

Your ACPI has External opcodes in it. No need to use -da. Disassemble with: iasl -dl DSDT.aml SSDT*.aml

On my HP 250 G5 i can change DVMT-prealloc size with the advanced Bios utility. At startup press F10 for Bios and before the Bios screen appears press several times "a". Then you should be able to change the DVMT-prealloc size under the "Advanced" settings. And don't forget to set the boot mode to "Legacy boot" otherwise you have a garbled screen.

that didn't work for me unfortunately

can I ask you what battery patch did you apply? there are no patch for HP 250 G5 or G6

in my DSDT, the multi-byte EC fields actually used are only those:

- IWCR 160
- PBSS 16
- SMD0 256
- ERIB 16

now searching through existing patches, I found that:

- "HP Spectre XT" patch can handle ERIB and SMD0 fields
- "HP Pavillion x360" can handle IWCR field.
- There is no existing patch for PBSS field.

I don't understand if I can simply use those 2 patches I mentioned and then implement my own patch for PBSS, or should I use only a single patch and not multiple battery patches?

I applied some patches for HP laptops, they applied to SMD0, ERIB and IWCR, but battery still isn't recognized.
So I guess I need to manually patch PBSS too

So I tried some other patches that could match, but with no luck (still no battery).
I'm attaching complete problem report files.
please note that the attached patched DSDT does not contain any battery patch, since I removed them when I noticed that they didn't worked for me.

problems so far:
1) no battery indicator
2) tap on the touchpad doesn't work (but it worked during OSX install), only XY movement works (no multitouch, no trackpad pref.panel) (based on Linux, my touchpad is "SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad" Vendor=0002 Product=0007 Version=01b1)

what seems to work:
cpu pm, gpu pm, brightness (slider + fn), audio, webcam

what I'm going to add, after I fix trackpad and battery, so still untested:
correct usb implementation, wifi/bluetooth (broadcom), sleep/wake, HDMI (video+audio)

Attachments

• Dimitree Problem Report 1.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 81
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back