Contribute
Register

HP 250 G3 - After Clover install on HDD: panic cpu - Installation via USB worked -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP 250 G3
CPU
Intel Core i5-4210U
Graphics
Intel HD 4400
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello dear Tonymacx86 community,

this is my first post and i am not that experienced so i need your help! I installed El Capitan via USB and it worked flaweless. I had to clean my USB Stick to download some kext and Clover. After that i installed Clover on my HDD but i think i forgot to change the config.plist because i get a panic cpu error after restart ( and i cleaned my USB :banghead: !! So no boot via USB Stick available ). I am pretty sure that the solution for my problem are flags i need to set so it will boot probably but i don't know which ones. I will tell you exactly how i installed my El Capitan on my laptop and hope you guys can help me!

First off all my Specs

I am using a HP 250 G3 Laptop with an i5 - 4210U + Intel HD 4400 graphic card.
I got 2 DDR Slots but only 1 assigned with 4 GB DDR3 RAM.

How i installed El Capitan on my Laptop

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...de-booting-os-x-installer-laptops-clover.html

This guide was a lifesaver since i am fairly new to this kind of thing.

• I went with the config.plist for Intel HD 4400
  • I used 0xa260006 for the ig-platform-id
That is all ( i think? ) . I hope someone might help me since i am trying to for 2 days now and i was really happy after it worked and now i made one mistake and kinda feel lost :think:

Sincerely

Dave

Hello dear Tonymacx86 community,

this is my first post and i am not that experienced so i need your help! I installed El Capitan via USB and it worked flaweless. I had to clean my USB Stick to download some kext and Clover. After that i installed Clover on my HDD but i think i forgot to change the config.plist because i get a panic cpu error after restart ( and i cleaned my USB :banghead: !! So no boot via USB Stick available ). I am pretty sure that the solution for my problem are flags i need to set so it will boot probably but i don't know which ones. I will tell you exactly how i installed my El Capitan on my laptop and hope you guys can help me!

First off all my Specs

I am using a HP 250 G3 Laptop with an i5 - 4210U + Intel HD 4400 graphic card.
I got 2 DDR Slots but only 1 assigned with 4 GB DDR3 RAM.

How i installed El Capitan on my Laptop

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...de-booting-os-x-installer-laptops-clover.html

This guide was a lifesaver since i am fairly new to this kind of thing.

• I went with the config.plist for Intel HD 4400
  • I used 0xa260006 for the ig-platform-id
That is all ( i think? ) . I hope someone might help me since i am trying to for 2 days now and i was really happy after it worked and now i made one mistake and kinda feel lost :think:

Sincerely

Dave

Keep in mind you must setup Clover on HDD EFI exactly as you did for USB. That includes config.plist, kexts, drivers64UEFI, etc.

Keep in mind you must setup Clover on HDD EFI exactly as you did for USB. That includes config.plist, kexts, drivers64UEFI, etc.

Greetings RehabMan and thank you for your quick answer!

That is exactly my problem. I forgot to install Clover like i did with the USB and cleaned it. Pretty stupid yeah.. so no chance to boot with flags back again into El Capitan and fix that?

( Well i think doing the USB Part again might be a solution but my main PC got AMD not sure about running a VMBox with El Capitan will work )

Might try that but if you got an answer for the flags question i appreciate every solution.

How stupid i am :banghead: !

Greetings RehabMan and thank you for your quick answer!

That is exactly my problem. I forgot to install Clover like i did with the USB and cleaned it. Pretty stupid yeah.. so no chance to boot with flags back again into El Capitan and fix that?

Boot using your USB. Fix the problems with HDD EFI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back