Contribute
Register

[HOW TO] Wi-Fi 6 Intel AX210 on macOS Sonoma

@miliuco Just installed another Intel AX WiFi/BT card in a Hack. This was my Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming system, running Windows 11 and macOS Ventura Sonoma.

The Intel card was an AX200 WiFi/BT M.2 mounted on a PCIe adapter, installed in to a PCIe x1 slot with the Bluetooth module connected by cable to a motherboard USB2 header port.

I used exactly the same process as set out in post #1 and everything works as expected.

Last edited:
@Edhawk I installed another Intel AX210 card and so far the wifi and BT services are working well. Here is the link to the card in Amazon

EDUP PCIE WiFi 6E Card AX210 Bluetooth 5.2 AX5400M 802.11ax Tri-Band 6G/5.8G/2.4GHz Heat Sink 6dBi Antenna PCI-E Wireless Network Cards for Desktop PC Support Windows 11/10 64-bit https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08519ST43?tag=tonymacx86com-20

Last edited:
A sonoma compatible atheros card to use airdrop?
None available.

Broadcom BCM4360 card using OpenCore Legacy Patcher, is your best bet for AirDrop.

There are alternative file sharing apps that can be used in macOS in place of AirDrop, such as LocalSend and Blip, links below.

Obviously you need to install the app on all the devices you want to share files between. But usually this means you can share with Windows PC's, Android Phones etc. as well as between macOS & iOS/iPad devices.

Thanks @miliuco for the explanation. Do you mind adding a list of (Wi-Fi) features, which work and those which do not.

@root2
Really simple:
  • all wifi features work
  • Apple (Continuity):
    • totally missing with itlwm.kext
    • working partially (Handoff and Universal Clipboard), not for all users, with AitportItlwm.kext
    • Airdrop not working in any way.

Thanks, can you please be a bit more specific than "working partially"? Which features work, which do not (source):
  1. Wi-Fi (LAN and Internet access, browsing the web)
  2. AirDrop
  3. AirPlay to Mac
  4. Auto Unlock and Approve with Apple Watch
  5. Continuity Camera
  6. Continuity Markup
  7. Continuity Sketch
  8. Handoff (Continue a document that you started on another device)
  9. Instant Hotspot
  10. Phone Calls
  11. Sidecar (iPad second display)
  12. SMS Messages
  13. Universal Clipboard
  14. Universal Control (Transfer a drawing to, e.g., Keynote)
  15. Wi-Fi-based location services (according to the forum they are slow, but they work)
Edit: Here I found:
  • Handoff and Universal Clipboard are the only supported Continuity features.
  • Instant Hotspot from iPhone can be recognized but the hotspot must be enabled directly on the iPhone first,

Last edited:
If you are that invested in the AirDrop, continuity and other Apple specific features listed above, you are best staying on Ventura. There is very little difference in the two latest macOS releases, other than the systems and components that have been dropped from support by Apple. A Funky desktop isn't really a must have.

The alternative is using OCLP to patch your Broadcom WiFi in Sonoma. With the downgraded security for SIP and AMFI.

An Intel WiFi card simply isn't going to work the same way as a Broadcom card, ever! You will have WiFi but you can forget about most Continuity features.

@Edhawk thanks a lot for your help and patience.
I tried your kexts in the order adviced and performed an NVRAM reset (but I do it always, also if the modify is not related to NVRAM) but it didn't work. Bluetooth stay always on NULL BCM_4350C2. :banghead:
Run sudo pkill bluetoothd from terminal. This will bring Bluetooth back until next reboot

I'm also having the same issue but with my AX200 on Ventura.

Another AX210 that runs fine on Sonoma with itlwm or AirportItlwm.
Ubit AX210 WiFi 6E PCIe WiFi Wireless Card.

Ubit-Az210.jpg

Antennas are a little short, in my opinion.

Back