Contribute
Register

[HOW TO] Wi-Fi 6 Intel AX210 on macOS Sonoma

The Intel & Broadcom Wifi/BT cards do not work exactly the same. The Keyboard, mouse and Trackpad do work the same. But the Intel cards lack the majority of the Apple Continuity functions that the Broadcom cards provide.

If you don't use Handoff, AirDrop etc. then the Intel card will be fine. You can also use some third-party apps to mimic some of the Continuity functions, such as AirDrop.

Check out this FAQ for the functions provided by the Intel drivers, and just as importantly which functions aren't available.

The Intel & Broadcom Wifi/BT cards do not work exactly the same. The Keyboard, mouse and Trackpad do work the same. But the Intel cards lack the majority of the Apple Continuity functions that the Broadcom cards provide.

If you don't use Handoff, AirDrop etc. then the Intel card will be fine. You can also use some third-party apps to mimic some of the Continuity functions, such as AirDrop.

Check out this FAQ for the functions provided by the Intel drivers, and just as importantly which functions aren't available.

Yeah i might just stick with the current setup..I do use Airdrop, Handoff all the time. One thing is that sidecar not working at all neither plugged in or wireless, Continuity camera is also only working via cable. Universal control is pretty cool tho

Are you using iMac20,1/2 SMBIOS?
Are you using FeatureUnlock.kext, to enable SideCar & Continuity Camera etc.

If not, have a read of the information on the GitHub page for the kext.

MacPro7,1 The kext is enabled, wow i didn't thought SMBIOS would make such difference. i will try it out for sure the iMac20 one

I have the Intel Core i7-10700 which SMBIOS should use?

Well, this was fun, did a NVRAM reset after setting a the iMac 20.1 netflix wasn't working my usb mapping was gone, but at least the side car feature was working :D
Should i try the iMac Pro?

Last edited:
Hello, so I now have Ventura on it and also installed the Ax210. Everything was done exactly according to the instructions on page 1, BT works but WiFi absolutely doesn't want to turn on.

Can someone maybe see what the problem is?

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    31.9 MB · Views: 2
Hello, so I now have Ventura on it and also installed the Ax210. Everything was done exactly according to the instructions on page 1, BT works but WiFi absolutely doesn't want to turn on.

Can someone maybe see what the problem is?
Hello,

Check if/what is loaded. In a Terminal window, run this command :

admin@iMac ~ % kextstat | grep -v com.apple | grep Air

If you have Ventura, you may install the stable version (2.2.0) of AirportItlwm :

Cheers :)

Currently 2.3 beta Ventura is installed. When I install 2.2, the computer hangs in the boot loop when I restart and keeps restarting

I managed it but even with 2.2 Wifi doesn't start

Last edited:
@Camel
Look at USB mapping kext -> Info.plist, there are 2 places where SMBIOS model is, change them to iMac20,1.

Currently 2.3 beta Ventura is installed. When I install 2.2, the computer hangs in the boot loop when I restart and keeps restarting

I managed it but even with 2.2 Wifi doesn't start
Hello,

In your Kexts folder there are "three files", all enabled (see below) !
You shoud investigate this and disable what is not needed :

a) keep only USBMap.kext ( and disable the other two files )
b) disable USBMap.kext ( and keep enabled the other two files)

Also, I think it is better to reorder the kexts in config.plist (i.e. USB mapping to come before Bluetooth related kexts).
But, it's up to you how to manage everything.

Cheers :)
============================

1712312945931.png

Back