Contribute
Register

How to use SSD as a boot drive and HDD as data drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just moved all of my stuff over. Pretty simple. I just used CCC to copy everything including my Users folder and my Username onto the SSD. I DID NOT choose to move ANY items inside of my username folder. Seems to work great except for one glaring issue. It will not force boot from the SSD.

I tried to change my BIOS settings to boot from the SSD, but it doesn't recognize it properly. My old HDD is shown as P4... and the SSD only shows as UEFI... I can choose to boot from the SSD from the startup menu when it starts loading OSX, but it's kind of a pain. I switched the startup disk in the system preferences, but it doesn't seem to help. I'm thinking it's in the BIOS, but not sure why it does't recognize the drive properly. Any thoughts?
View attachment 100460
Edit: why the hell is my pic upside down?

Two things, jeffball610

1) What you've done is called a highjacking a thread, start a new thread with your issue.

2) I'm guessing that you used an iphone to take that screen shot. The iphone will record the rotation/orientation of the phone when the shutter is snapped. If you want this forum to show the image correctly then make sure the the phone's volume buttons are on top when you take the picture. This forum apparently doesn't check the picture's EXIF data for orientation.

BTW- CCC will not copy the bootloader to the new disk. You have to install the bootloader manually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back