Contribute
Register

How To Use Intel GPU Without Unplugging 1050?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it boots fine,no black screen when booting with the iGPU plugged in. About this mac recognizes the Intel UHG graphics.
But now there's a lot of display artifacts and my sound isn't working. Maybe I'm missing a kext for the intel GPU or something? No idea why this killed my sound either.

I'm unable to capture a screenshot of the display artifacts (the screenshot saves as normal), but it's the standard glitchy white/black bars around the screen anytime something in the UI is moved around.

I'm unable to capture a screenshot of the display artifacts (the screenshot saves as normal), but it's the standard glitchy white/black bars around the screen anytime something in the UI is moved around.
  • Are you connected via HDMI or DisplayPort?
  • Can you post a photo with your smartphone?
  • Also capture a screenshot (or photo) of Intel FB-Patcher tool --> Connectors tab. After starting the FB-Patcher tool, first select Framebuffer from the top menu bar and choose "Mojave 10.14 (1A...)" Then click the Connectors tab.

I'm using the HDMI port. The FB Patcher window has nothing listed under connectors.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-01-07 at 7.15.50 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-01-07 at 7.15.50 PM.png
    2 MB · Views: 66
  • IMG_7353.JPG
    IMG_7353.JPG
    86.8 KB · Views: 52
I added iMac 18,1 system definition in SMBIOS and display artifacts are gone! Hooray.

Still no sound though?

I'm using the HDMI port. The FB Patcher window has nothing listed under connectors.
Good! HDMI is no longer blank. Graphics glitches might be due to SMBIOS. You should try iMac14,2 followed by iMac18,3 to see if the glitches disappear with either of those settings.

Regarding the empty Connectors page, did you select the Framebuffer in FB-Patcher?

Screen Shot 2019-01-07 at 7.18.54 PM.png

I added iMac 18,1 system definition in SMBIOS and display artifacts are gone! Hooray.

Still no sound though?
What do you see under System Preferences --> Sound?

What do you see under System Preferences --> Sound?
Nothing listed. "No output devices found"
Sound icon in the menu bar is greyed out as well.
I double checked and AppleALC is still installed in Library/Extensions.

When one thing is fixed another is broken, just my luck haha.

T
Nothing listed. "No output devices found"
Sound icon in the menu bar is greyed out as well.
I double checked and AppleALC is still installed in Library/Extensions.

When one thing is fixed another is broken, just my luck haha.
That's the nature of the game!

Are you using AppleALC 1.3.4? It's downloaded from here (filename is 1.3.4.RELEASE.zip)?
https://github.com/acidanthera/AppleALC/releases

Installed VoodooHDA.kext and removed AppleALC.kext and now sound is working!
I was using whatever version Multibeast 11 installs.
Makes sense I was only able to get sound working with VoodooHDA on my last build as well.

Wonder why your config.plist edit made AppleALC stop working though?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back