Contribute
Register

How to Update + Current and Past apfs.efi Downloads

Okay, stupid n00b question:
I did NOT convert my drive to APFS when I installed High Sierra. So I have NO apfs.efi in the /CLOVER/drivers64UEFI folder.

Do I need to do anything with this apfs.efi before updating to 10.13.2?

After having issues with updating to 10.13.2, I decided to do a clean install. I don't see anything in the 10.13 installation guide regarding the apfs.efi. Should I update it for a clean install, or is that taken care of by Multibeast?

After having issues with updating to 10.13.2, I decided to do a clean install. I don't see anything in the 10.13 installation guide regarding the apfs.efi. Should I update it for a clean install, or is that taken care of by Multibeast?
Wait a bit for Multibeast 10.2 to come out. Any day now.

Stupid question incoming... I don't see /Volumes/EFI. How do I go about mounting it?

Stupid question incoming... I don't see /Volumes/EFI. How do I go about mounting it?
Use EFI mounter V3 from the Downloads section.

It's just needed for the bootlader to load the kernel file, basic file access isn't likely to change much but who knows?

Clover probably does the same, kernel + kexts files. Uh, interesting, but I'd really like to not see those log messages in the beginning perhaps Clover devs might want to hide the console output unless a key is pressed :)

https://developer.apple.com/library...eptual/KernelProgramming/booting/booting.html

Help needed, I completed my install version to 10.13.2 everything was working fine. I update audio using multibeast 10.2. Then I looked into this thread and saw that I need to update the apfs.efi and updated apfs.efi in colver/drivers64uefi with one from this thread (10.13.2) version. Now I don't see anything but black screen at startup, I changed the file to the previous version as well but still the same problem. Is there anything i can do?? I ran in debug and I see its stuck at pausing for 5seconds after kexts install.

Back