Contribute
Register

How to Update + Current and Past apfs.efi Downloads

May I ask what do you do with the apfs files you linked to download? Do you copy them somewhere after updating copying existing one? If so, where do you copy the ones from the link?
I have that exact same doubt lol
In general you want to keep the apfs.efi in CLOVER/EFI/drivers64UEFI up to date. If you update to 10.3.2, you want to copy the /usr/standalone/i386/apfs.efi to your CLOVER/EFI/drivers64UEFI as soon as possible. Typically installing 10.3.2 will work using the 10.3.1 apfs.efi, it's just something to put on your 'to-do' list once the upgrade completes. As a courtesy folks are uploading the new apfs.efi when point releases come out, but really you shouldn't need to download it, just copy it when you get a chance.

I'm about ready to upgrade my main partition (an NVME) to High Sierra. I've been using the High Sierra betas, the GM, and the GM updates on a secondary SSD. I converted to apfs back in the betas and haven't really had any issues.

I understand I can postpone the apfs conversion on the NVME, but I'm interested in opinions about this. I'm inclined to go ahead and convert. Any new evidence one way or t'other?

Why doesn't clover include this file in it's install if it's vital?!?

This has cost me two nights of frustration.

</selfish-rant>

</selfish-rant>

Im guessing because its different per OS and per machine, so its better just to read a lot before doing serious updates and always carbon copy clone (and make sure you can boot from that drive)

</selfish-rant>
Probably because it is proprietary and they do not have the right to include it.

A clean install of 10.13.3 , first time on APFS. Installed everything as before, and I rely on the custom made Clover from Unibeast and Multibeast, that supports APFS. I have noticed some differences (in Time Machine or in the shut down process). I wonder now if this was a smart move. I have not moved yet any apfs.efi manually. I suppose that, if I update to 10.13.4 (When it will be available, I shall be able to recreate the Unibeast pen drive as usual. Updates were smooth, on hfs+, lets see if it is the same on apfs. I suspect it would not change much from 13.3 to 13.4.

So if I am understanding this correctly, you only need to worry about this if your drive is formatted with afps? Basically HFS+ drives do not use this file?

Back