Contribute
Register

How to update config.plist after installation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490 Vision D
CPU
I9 109000k
Graphics
Radeon RX 5700 XT
Hi everybody,

First of all i want to thank this community i just build my first pc and first hackintosh. Without you guys i wouldnt be able to do it, i learned alot!

Im running my hackintosh now for 2 weeks and i installed alot of stuff but some things are not working / i want to change some stuff. but i wonder if it is possible to change those things without reinstall my os. Is it possible to update config.plist file without reinstall everything?

Anyway thanks guys! 1 funny thing is that i accidentally updated my os and it is still working! i always read stories that it can cause problems when you update it.

One more thing if you are interested in which components im using i will mention it here below. I installed macos without facing any problems on my first attempt!

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z490 VISION D
CPU: Intel Core i9 10900K
GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT NITRO+ SE
Ram: G.Skill DDR4 Ripjaws-V 32GB x 4

Screenshot 2020-08-19 at 22.28.08.png

photo_2020-08-19-22-45-21-jpeg.484960

Cheers!

Attachments

• photo_2020-08-19 22.45.21.jpeg
    photo_2020-08-19 22.45.21.jpeg
    211.7 KB · Views: 3,320
Last edited:
Use Efi Agent (link) and mount your EFI volume. Then use Xcode or Plist editor to edit the config.plist file.

Use Efi Agent (link) and mount your EFI volume. Then use Xcode or Plist editor to edit the config.plist file.

Thanks for the reply! so basically i have to update the config file on my current efi partition of my disk and when i restart my pc it will update my system reading the updated config file?

Thanks for the reply! so basically i have to update the config file on my current efi partition of my disk and when i restart my pc it will update my system reading the updated config file?

Well done on your build :clap:

If you are going to "experiment" changing settings, remember to back-up your original EFI folder completely, so that if anything goes wrong you will be able to recover easily. Keep a UniBeast installer USB handy too, so you can boot with it if necessary :thumbup:.

Last edited:

If you are going to "experiment" changing settings, remember to back-up your original EFI folder completely, so that if anything goes wrong you will be able to recover easily. Keep a UniBeast installer USB handy too, so you can boot with it if necessary :thumbup:.

I didn't thought about making a backup of my EFI lol. I've never really checked what Unibeast is but its time to take some notes thanks alot!

The OP has a Z490 motherboard, and I don't think the USB stick created by Unibeast 10.3.0 will work with it since it uses Clover 5119 which may not work with Z490.

I didn't thought about making a backup of my EFI lol. I've never really checked what Unibeast is but its time to take some notes thanks alot!

My apologies. As @Jamesbond007 states, it seems I gave bad advice.

My idea was just to encourage you to make backups so that in your experiments, if anything went wrong, you had a way back to your desktop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back