Contribute
Register

How to run High Sierra on Opencore?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can boot macOS Sierra, Mojave, Catalina and Big Sur with Opencore. But, I can't with High Sierra.
I have : attempting system restart...mach reboot. What do I need to do to resolve this? Thanks for your help.

Hi there.

If Sierra boots, if Mojave boots, you are both sides of the HFS+ to APFS divide so disk format can't be the issue. What exactly is happening when you try to boot High Sierra? A Verbose screen would be useful. The error you mention is a very early state of affairs, usually.

Hi there.

If Sierra boots, if Mojave boots, you are both sides of the HFS+ to APFS divide so disk format can't be the issue. What exactly is happening when you try to boot High Sierra? A Verbose screen would be useful. The error you mention is a very early state of affairs, usually.
Hi, thanks

Attachments

• 20210322_051837.jpg
    20210322_051837.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 412
Hi, thanks

Okay.

If your hardware is the same as in your Profile there is no reason to use OpenCore over Clover. However if that is something you wish to do there are examples of similar PCs in our User Builds forum. For example:

(Ignore the NVidia GPU parts. Use your Sierra).

With OpenCore specifically it is important to clear NVRAM between different OS boots, otherwise settings from a previous setup will be left and may cause problems with the new.

Another example of older hardware, OpenCore and High Sierra here:

:)

Okay.

If your hardware is the same as in your Profile there is no reason to use OpenCore over Clover. However if that is something you wish to do there are examples of similar PCs in our User Builds forum. For example:

(Ignore the NVidia GPU parts. Use your Sierra).

With OpenCore specifically it is important to clear NVRAM between different OS boots, otherwise settings from a previous setup will be left and may cause problems with the new.

Another example of older hardware, OpenCore and High Sierra here:

:)
Yes, I have same hardwares. Right now, I use my second system. Thanks, I'll see Asus P8h67-M EVO High Sierra.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back