Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Elite
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 6600 XT
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
OpenCore 0.9.7 is out. You can get it from Acidanthera.

Main changes
  • Updated builtin firmware versions for SMBIOS
  • Fixed recovery failing to boot on some systems and updated recovery_urls.txt
  • Added command line args support to QemuBuild.command
  • Improved OpenDuet and switched to new UE format
  • Made boot loader support only UE format
  • Updated FixupAppleEfiImages quirk to fix errors in all non-Secure Boot Apple signed binaries
  • Updated ProvideCurrentCpuInfo quirk to fix issues on Mac OS X 10.5 and 10.6
  • Updated efidebug.tool to add support for new UE image format.
config.plist
  • Nothing to do.
Kexts
  • AppleALC 1.8.8
  • MacHyperVSupport 0.9.7.

Last edited:
Anyone know if 'new UE format' and 'new UE image format' means they have switched to Unreal Engine 4?

OpenCore 1.0.0 is getting closer!

That is usually a big milestone in project development, but the way things are going with OC it is more likely to be a bit of an 'oh yeah, what's next' moment.

Anyone know if 'new UE format' and 'new UE image format' means they have switched to Unreal Engine 4?
I looked for information about this but can't find the exact meaning. I guess it is something related to PE COFF loaders.

Yes :) Who'd say! I discovered OpenCore with version 0.5.8, I was not one of the first. It's hard to believe the huge number of changes and improvements it has had since then.

:lol: This unfortunately looks more like a shorthand for UEFI. Four letters were two too many, I suppose.

March 2024 if they keep the schedule. But with the numbering system, "1.0.0" will merely be the interim release between 0.9.9 of February and 1.0.1 of April.

Back