Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Elite
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 6600 XT
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
OpenCore 0.9.4 is out. Get it from Acidanthera.

Main changes
  • Kernel >> Quirks: fixed ForceAquantiaEthernet on macOS 14 beta 2.
  • Kernel >> Quirks: improved LapicKernelPanic on legacy macOS.
  • Misc >> Boot: added InstanceIdentifier to identify OC instance; added the ability to target .contentVisibility files to specific OC instances.
    Allowed .contentVisibility in the same boot FS root locations as `.VolumeIcon.icns`, in order to survive macOS updates (non-Apple files next to the Apple bootloader are removed by macOS updates).
    The .contentVisibility file may be placed next to the boot loader (BOOTx64.efi) or in the boot folder, e.g.:
    - /Volumes/{ESP}/EFI/BOOT/.contentVisibility
    - /System/Volumes/Preboot/{GUID}/System/Library/CoreServices/.contentVisibility
    As of now, it may also be placed in absolute root folders related to a boot entry, for example:
    - /System/Volumes/Preboot/{GUID}/.contentVisibility
    - /System/Volumes/Preboot/.contentVisibility
    - /Volumes/{ESP}/.contentVisibility.
config.plist
  • Misc >> Boot: added InstanceIdentifier (String). Default value is empty. Most of us are not going to use this new feature.
Kexts
  • AppleALC 1.8.4
  • BrcmPatchRAM 2.6.8
  • EmeraldSDHC 0.1.1
  • Lilu 1.6.7
  • NVMFix 1.1.1
  • WhateverGreen 1.6.6.
Don't just look at the seemingly short list of changes, transparent to the user there are many more changes and fixes.

Note: for people interested in the InstanceIdentifier new feature, please look at the OpenCore Configuration.pdf (section 8.1.1: Boot Algorithm and .contentVisibility file).
The .contentVisibility file, when present, may optionally target only specific instances of OpenCore. Its contents are .
Code:
[{Instance-List}:](Disabled|Auxiliary)
If a colon ":" is present, the preceding Instance-List it is a comma separated list of InstanceIdentifier values. Example:
Code:
OCA,OCB:Disabled
When this list is present, the specified visibility is only applied if the InstanceIdentifier of the current instance of OpenCore is present in the list. When the list is not present, the specified visibility is applied for all instances of OpenCore.

OpenCore now includes fixes for Silvermont CPU (anyone for a low-power build?) while Lilu gets improved support for Broadwell-EP (Xeon E5-2600v4) and Raptor Lake stepping C0. The small, the old and the hot-from-the-wafer new are all welcome in the broad church of OpenCore. Amen!

OpenCore now includes fixes for Silvermont CPU (anyone for a low-power build?) while Lilu gets improved support for Broadwell-EP (Xeon E5-2600v4) and Raptor Lake stepping C0. The small, the old and the hot-from-the-wafer new are all welcome in the broad church of OpenCore. Amen!
The moment Asus finishes the RMA on the W790 Sage I'll give it another shot.

I figured out why I used to get 'Non OpenCore Bootloader', it was because I changed Misc - Security - ExposeSensitiveData from 6 to 8. That allowed AMD Power Gadget to the expose the sensitive name of the Motherboard.

Screenshot 2023-08-08 at 9.35.12 PM.png

Back