Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Elite
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 6600 XT
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
OpenCore 0.9.0 is out. There are no changes in config.plist but there are in the code to fix issues or add improvements. Get it in Acidanthera.

Main changes
  • Clear console screen to prevent verbose boot text overwriting graphics picker.
  • Added ProvideCurrentCpuInfo support for macOS 13.3 beta.
  • Improved EnableGOP support (added AMD and macOS 10.11+).
config.plist
  • Nothing to do.
Kexts and Tools
  • AppleALC 1.8.0
  • Lilu 1.6.4
  • MaciASL 1.6.4
  • VirtualSMC 1.3.1
  • VoodooI2C 2.8
  • VoodooPS2 2.3.4.
Thanks again, OpenCore team!!!

OpenCore 0.9.0 is out. There are no changes in config.plist but there are in the code to fix issues or add improvements. Get it in Acidanthera.

Main changes
  • Clear console screen to prevent verbose boot text overwriting graphics picker.
config.plist
  • Nothing to do.
Kexts and Tools
  • AppleALC 1.8.0
  • Lilu 1.6.4
  • MaciASL 1.6.4
  • VirtualSMC 1.3.1
  • VoodooI2C 2.8
  • VoodooPS2 2.3.4.
1st main change confirmed. Update to 0.9.0 eliminated the Windows 11 twirly superimposed over the OpenCanopy picker background (or more accurately, the boot picker graphic correctly wipes before the Windows load twirly appears).

@craighazan
Wait, APUs support is yet in a very early stage.
OpenCore is trying to get graphics pre-OpenCore support in hardware with GPUs unsupported, thanks to the recently added feature EnableGOP, but there is nothing on this side about APUs on macOS.
WhateverRed has made some improvements but only on Big Sur for now. I’m afraid that APUs support on macOS is very very difficult to happen.

Last edited:
@craighazan
Wait, APUs support is yet in a very early stage.
OpenCore and Lilu are trying to get graphics pre-OpenCore support in hardware with GPUs unsupported, thanks to the recently added feature EnableGOP, but there is nothing on this side about APUs on macOS.
WhateverRed has made some improvements but only on Big Sur for now. I’m afraid that APUs support on macOS is very very difficult to happen.
Booo.... such a humbug!. But seriously, sure it only works in Big Sur with Vega 8 APU's but it's really exciting, I want to see it!.

Afaik, Lilu does nothing for early boot graphics. Lilu ends up doing some of the patches for Whatevergreen, such as renaming the iGPU in the IOService tree. That all got reverted anyway for AMD iGPUs, and I think is being done in WhateverRed.

Last edited:

Main changes
config.plist
  • Nothing to do.
Kexts and Tools
  • AppleALC 1.8.0
  • Lilu 1.6.4
  • MaciASL 1.6.4
  • VirtualSMC 1.3.1
  • VoodooI2C 2.8
  • VoodooPS2 2.3.4.

Hello. I can't solve this notification that appears at the beginning of OC. What will be the problem?

Attachments

• IMG_3275.jpg
    IMG_3275.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 60
Hello. I can't solve this notification that appears at the beginning of OC. What will be the problem?
HDA is High Definition Audio. Did you change any audio settings or add/remove an audio device from your laptop?

I also found this on an Asian website (thus the odd translation errors in Google).
Screenshot 2023-03-26 at 12.53.02 PM.png

@HGC544
I can't read the warning text.
Upload here your config.plist file (OpenCore 0.9.0).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back