Contribute
Register

[HOW TO] OpenCore 0.8.8 > 0.8.9 differences

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, just regular boot settings. OpenCanopy sets the picker to have a custom background - if that matters.
Is it a new setting, or just a new behaviour ?
I will try and report

My Z690 also has the spinning circle after selecting Win11 boot on the OC selector and it's still on the screen.
I use Opencanopy and OC 0.9.0
Choosing windows, the boot is this.

Attachments

• OC boot.png
    OC boot.png
    317.5 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
Is it a new setting, or just a new behaviour ?
I will try and report
I'm guessing it's a new behavior as I doubt it would be something most people would want - at least the way it's shown with the lack of a mask making the twirly NOT blend in with the background the way it does currently.

My Z690 also has the spinning circle after selecting Win11 boot on the OC selector and it's still on the screen.
I use Opencanopy and OC 0.9.0
Choosing windows, the boot is this.
Good choice! I'm using that exact same flavour with OpenCanopy! And v 0.9.0?! Living dangerously, huh? LOL

Good choice! I'm using that exact same flavour with OpenCanopy! And v 0.9.0?! Living dangerously, huh? LOL
Then we have the same tastes!
Let's say that I always like to experiment with new things and then updating OC with OCAT is extremely simple.
Just set OCAT to Dev and it does it all in seconds while also providing validate feedback on regular config plist compilation.

Do you have OpenCanopy?
Yes, OpenCanopy and Default GoldenGate theme.

Mike Beaton has been working last days to fix an issue relative to clear screen on graphical mode. Since final 0.8.9, there are systems displaying verbose lines overlapping the graphical picker. Not in my system. I suspect that the Windows loading ring overhanging the graphical picker has to do also with the issue although without the verbose text.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back