Contribute
Register

[HOW TO] OpenCore 0.7.6 > 0.7.7 differences

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a general question: when I use OCConfigCompare, I always have a few lines with "skipped" at the end, such as "Sample.plist -> Misc -> BlessOverride -> From|To-Array - Empty: Skipped"...
I've tried OCConfigCompare (never used before) on my 0.7.7 config.plist and I get also errors about empty skipped keys:
Code:
ACPI -> Delete -> To-Array - Empty: Skipped
ACPI -> Patch -> To-Array - Empty: Skipped
Booter -> MmioWhitelist -> To-Array - Empty: Skipped
Booter -> Patch -> To-Array - Empty: Skipped
Kernel -> Block -> To-Array - Empty: Skipped
Kernel -> Force -> To-Array - Empty: Skipped
Misc -> BlessOverride -> From|To-Array - Empty: Skipped
NVRAM -> Delete -> 4D1EDE05-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B38C14 -> From-Array - Non-Dictionary Children: Skipped
NVRAM -> Delete -> 4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102 -> From-Array - Non-Dictionary Children: Skipped
NVRAM -> Delete -> 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82 -> From-Array - Non-Dictionary Children: Skipped
NVRAM -> LegacySchema -> 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82 -> From-Array - Non-Dictionary Children: Skipped
NVRAM -> LegacySchema -> 8BE4DF61-93CA-11D2-AA0D-00E098032B8C -> From-Array - Non-Dictionary Children: Skipped
UEFI -> ReservedMemory -> To-Array - Empty: Skipped
This file is well formed following 0.7.7 rules, sure. I don't like the way OCConfigCompare works.

The best tool for check if a config.plist file is valid is ocvalidate, provided into each OpenCore package. 0.7.7 ocvalidate doesn't find any errors in my config.plist, unlike OCConfigCompare.

There is a tool QtOpenCoreConfig also named OCAT (OpenCore Auxiliary Tools), it uses ocvalidate as backend, its design is not the best but it works well. You must have OCAT version for OpenCore version, e.g. last version is 20220070 and it says "For OpenCore 0.7.7". Open your config.plist file and clic on the second toolbar icon from the left, OC Validate, and you get errors or a message saying validation passed.

I've tried OCConfigCompare (never used before) on my 0.7.7 config.plist and I get also errors about empty skipped keys:
Code:
ACPI -> Delete -> To-Array - Empty: Skipped
ACPI -> Patch -> To-Array - Empty: Skipped
Booter -> MmioWhitelist -> To-Array - Empty: Skipped
Booter -> Patch -> To-Array - Empty: Skipped
Kernel -> Block -> To-Array - Empty: Skipped
Kernel -> Force -> To-Array - Empty: Skipped
Misc -> BlessOverride -> From|To-Array - Empty: Skipped
NVRAM -> Delete -> 4D1EDE05-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B38C14 -> From-Array - Non-Dictionary Children: Skipped
NVRAM -> Delete -> 4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102 -> From-Array - Non-Dictionary Children: Skipped
NVRAM -> Delete -> 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82 -> From-Array - Non-Dictionary Children: Skipped
NVRAM -> LegacySchema -> 7C436110-AB2A-4BBB-A880-FE41995C9F82 -> From-Array - Non-Dictionary Children: Skipped
NVRAM -> LegacySchema -> 8BE4DF61-93CA-11D2-AA0D-00E098032B8C -> From-Array - Non-Dictionary Children: Skipped
UEFI -> ReservedMemory -> To-Array - Empty: Skipped
This file is well formed following 0.7.7 rules, sure. I don't like the way OCConfigCompare works.

The best tool for check if a config.plist file is valid is ocvalidate, provided into each OpenCore package. 0.7.7 ocvalidate doesn't find any errors in my config.plist, unlike OCConfigCompare.

There is a tool QtOpenCoreConfig also named OCAT (OpenCore Auxiliary Tools), it uses ocvalidate as backend, its design is not the best but it works well. You must have OCAT version for OpenCore version, e.g. last version is 20220070 and it says "For OpenCore 0.7.7". Open your config.plist file and clic on the second toolbar icon from the left, OC Validate, and you get errors or a message saying validation passed.
Well... tastes. :mrgreen: Except for those "skipped" errors, I really like OCConfigCompare for updating, in combination with PlistEdit Pro, THEN I check if everything's ok with ocvalidate.
(as mentioned in my little guide https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/a-guide-to-update-opencore-0-x-y-to-0-x-y-1.312907/)
Once you get used to this procedure it's pretty fast.

I've tried OCAT last month and though it seems interesting, I prefer controlling things myself when possible. Also, using OCAT means updating one more thing every month... ;)
For the time being I'll keep on using my usual procedure.
Thanks and sorry for the inconvenience, I thought you were using OCConfigCompare too.

@Nodarkthings
Okey, I see you have all under control. Those errors are not true errors so you go ahead :)

Check the following:
  1. AppleALC.kext is in the /OC/Kexts folder.
  2. AppleALC.kext is enabled in the config.plist.
  3. You are injecting the correct layout-id for your audio codec by one of these two methods (not both)
    • DeviceProperties:
    • Screenshot 2022-01-12 at 14.34.39.png
    • Boot Argument:
    • Screenshot 2022-01-12 at 14.35.23.png

I update 0.7.6 to 0.7.7 , all ok but no sound mainboard , my board is asus x299 tuf 1, any idea ?
If it was working before, I don't know any reason for it. Try AppleALC 1.6.7 (previous version) to see if it has to do with this kext.

If it was working before, I don't know any reason for it. Try AppleALC 1.6.7 (previous version) to see if it has to do with this kext.
Thanks very thanks @miliuco , work for me , version 1.6.8 break mi audio of mainboard.

@xerox24
I have read that other users have the same problem. New 1.6.8 kext comes with a lot of changes, maybe it fails with specific systems.

@xerox24
I have read that other users have the same problem. New 1.6.8 kext comes with a lot of changes, maybe it fails with specific systems.
Yes it happens. I had a big issue after v1.2.8, I found out it was because of my GC's hdmi audio.
@xerox24: you can test other layout-ids, just in case, otherwise stick to v1.6.7 until it's fixed (mine was never fixed... Luckily, I ended up creating a patch to disable the hdmi audio port and it worked.)

Hi @miliuco, I'm putting together another EFI for my A320I-K build, this time using SMBIOS MacPro7,1. My original working EFI OC 0.7.7, OP here, uses SMBIOS iMacPro1,1. I have been trying to solve the 'Black Screen' before login, I've used combinations of 4G encoding enabled/disabled, bootargs npci=0x2000 and 0x3000, but still the black screen torments me, laughing at my EFI!. Another thing, do I need AppleMCEReporterDisabler.kext?, It's disabled currently. One more thing, ResizeAppleGpuBars has been added to the plist, I'm aware that this works on Windows and is pretty good when enabled in BIOS. But sadly it doesn't work on macOS, that I'm aware of!, default -1.

Screen Shot 2022-01-13 at 2.54.47 PM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back