Contribute
Register

[HOW TO] OpenCore 0.7.4 > 0.7.5 differences

Status
Not open for further replies.
@buddyjack2
No, ResizeGpuBars -1 is recommended so OpenCore doesn’t pass any rbar related value to windows or linux.
In this way, windows itself handles rbar without interferences.

Great, thanks for the info!

I upgraded my X299X build from OC 0.7.4 to 0.7.5 but the new Kext (Lilu 1.5.7, WhateverGreen 1.5.5, AppleALC 1.6.6) cause kernel panic on boot (same problem also on OC 0.7.4).
Any idea of the cause?

I upgraded my X299X build from OC 0.7.4 to 0.7.5 but the new Kext (Lilu 1.5.7, WhateverGreen 1.5.5, AppleALC 1.6.6) cause kernel panic on boot (same problem also on OC 0.7.4).
Any idea of the cause?
Yes, it's the latest Lilu.kext commit. The problem start it with commit a2600869df7b67fdc427187f1938d6ae5c219e10. Just compile the commit before that one which is
commit b897413d53b8d0e1e8ea7f9d7519d9ff64d15b6d. I had to figure out by elimination until I found the problem.

compare your config.plist with the sample.plist from opencore and make the needed changes

For upgrade to opencore 0.7.5 :

After compare config.plist with sample.plist (0.7.5) and EFI folder update, on reboot I got "oc: configuration requires vault but no vault provided" message.

Looking for the error I tried the solution to change the status of "security" -> "vault". from (Secure) to (Optional).

On reboot the error message changed to "oc : grabbed zero system-id for sb this is not allowed"

How can I proceed?
I have always used Clover before BugSur and even if the problems were not lacking with each new OS version i was always able to solve ..
I and OC don't get along very well.
:(

I enclose the EFI obtained so far with the changes.
Suggestions accepted...

tnks!

Attachments

• efi non funziona.zip
    502 bytes · Views: 73
For upgrade to opencore 0.7.5 :

After compare config.plist with sample.plist (0.7.5) and EFI folder update, on reboot I got "oc: configuration requires vault but no vault provided" message.

Looking for the error I tried the solution to change the status of "security" -> "vault". from (Secure) to (Optional).

On reboot the error message changed to "oc : grabbed zero system-id for sb this is not allowed"

How can I proceed?
I have always used Clover before BugSur and even if the problems were not lacking with each new OS version i was always able to solve ..
I and OC don't get along very well.
:(

I enclose the EFI obtained so far with the changes.
Suggestions accepted...

tnks!
try setting SecureBootModel to Disabled

@ifreddy
EFI downloaded seems to be empty.
"grabbed zero system-id for sb this is not allowed" usually refers to SecureBootModel, do as @Feartech says (Disabled).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back