Contribute
Register

How to modify the display to external and make brightness control work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asrock Z87M EX4
CPU
i5-4670K
Graphics
GTX 1060
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I‘m using desktop HD4600 with lilu whatevergreen , smbios iMac 14,2 .

The external display shown as built-in display.

I can't use "Brightness.Menulet" "MonitorControl" to control display brightness.

but I use "Monitorian" on windows it works well (Confirmed support for DDC/CI)

I only put lilu whatevergreen to the kext folder and add "AAPL,ig-platform-id=0300220D disable-external-gpu=01000000 ".
no dsdt ssdt,no other graphics fixes.

I‘m using desktop HD4600 with lilu whatevergreen , smbios iMac 14,2 .

The external display shown as built-in display.

I can't use "Brightness.Menulet" "MonitorControl" to control display brightness.

but I use "Monitorian" on windows it works well (Confirmed support for DDC/CI)

I only put lilu whatevergreen to the kext folder and add "AAPL,ig-platform-id=0300220D disable-external-gpu=01000000 ".
no dsdt ssdt,no other graphics fixes.

What system definition are you using? Maybe a different one will give you more monitor options in system/preferences/displays tool?

What system definition are you using? Maybe a different one will give you more monitor options in system/preferences/displays tool?
iMac 14,2 looks like the most suitable , which is better?
Can't find a similar thread,most of the tutorials are built-in monitors for laptop.

This is an interesting subject. I have never been able to make a display alter brightness properly, except by "cheating".

I've never owned a genuine Apple external display but I'm guessing brightness is keyboard controlled for them. Apple wouldn't miss a trick like that.

When I looked into this a while ago, the software alternatives just changed the colour map of pixels to give the impression of a brighter or dimmer display, rather than accessing the real LED brightness.

Maybe I'm completely wrong but in a similar way to giving a Hackintosh a start-up chime, all workarounds seem second-best and not worth the effort except for appearance-sake.

:)

This is an interesting subject. I have never been able to make a display alter brightness properly, except by "cheating".

I've never owned a genuine Apple external display but I'm guessing brightness is keyboard controlled for them. Apple wouldn't miss a trick like that.

When I looked into this a while ago, the software alternatives just changed the colour map of pixels to give the impression of a brighter or dimmer display, rather than accessing the real LED brightness.

Maybe I'm completely wrong but in a similar way to giving a Hackintosh a start-up chime, all workarounds seem second-best and not worth the effort except for appearance-sake.

:)

No,this is a native function of most modern display,but it's different from apple display. Display Data Channel
This method equivalent to adjusting brightness with the button on display,the value in display's osd will also change.
The buttons on the display are very difficult to use, so I want to use this feature.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back