Contribute
Register

How To Install OS X Yosemite Using Clover

When I click install, it says to contact Apple.

I figured it out. I never copied over the boot files from the usb installer

Hi, I am using Clover 3021, and it now includes "OSAptioFix2Drv-64" in addition to the original "OSAptioFixDrv-64". Should I use the new version, the original, both?

Thanks for the help.

Hi, I am using Clover 3021, and it now includes "OSAptioFix2Drv-64" in addition to the original "OSAptioFixDrv-64". Should I use the new version, the original, both?

Thanks for the help.
OSAptioFix2Drv-64 is not a new version, it's an alternative if you're having issues with OSAptioFixDrv-64, 99% of users are fine with OSAptioFixDrv-64. And no you can't use both...

Hey guys,

Been trying for 3 days now, read all 49 pages of comments. tried 3 different ways to install clover (coming from chimera) but no luck. I keep getting the "do not enter" Sign (stop sign). I am installing from a USB 3.0 flash drive, i have tried usb 2 & 3 both same result.

Tried:
USB Port 2.0 & 3.0 (same result)
Different USB Flash Drive (same result)
nv_disable=1 (same result)
standard config.plist (same result)
ati config.plist (same result)
using HFSPlus.efi

My Build:
AMD HD 6870
i7-2600K
Z68XP-UD5 F6
16Gb Ram
1Tb SSD Evo

please help, im pretty lonely without my hackintosh :( (this all happened cause my internet went out and was forced to restart my computer to get an IP address and when i restarted it went into a booting loop right after trying to load the os and just restarted). So i decided to install kinda fresh (made the SSD into 2 partitions so i can hopefully recover some files) again with clover.

please help, i appreciate your time! :wave:

Edit: using clover v2k r3021

Last edited:
Here's my experience about this guide .Im using a gigabyte z97x-ud7-th motherboard with i7 4790k and a Nvidia geforce gtx 770 4gb and i have a dual monitor setup .This is what happen first i made a clover bootable usb with nvidia config plist attached and uefi booting settings indicated on this thread or guide and no problem i was able to install yosemite on my samsung evo ssd but the problem is the other monitor connected on my nvidia via hdmi cannot detect any signal so what i did next was to use the basic or standard plist with the same clover usb (uefi setting) but unfortunately i didnt reached the installation screen or at least that's what i remembered or maybe i was just impatient.Its either of the two.As i said earlier, i succesfully installed yosemite with nvidia config plist but no airplay mirroring and doesnt detect my second monitor then 10.10.1 came out so i decided to use legacy mode cause it says on this guide that is the most reliable for gigabyte 9 series motherboard and this what happened:
Clover USB with legacy mode settings + intel hd4600 config plist = reached installation screen with second monitor detected and succesfully installed 10.10.1 to my ssd.problem:after installation of 10.10.1 on ssd then boot to clover usb with legacy mode settings it wont recognize or detect the yosemite boot drive.
Clover USB with legacy mode settings + basic or standard config plist = reached installation screen with second monitor detected and succesfully installed 10.10.1 to my ssd.problem:after installation of 10.10.1 on ssd then boot to clover usb with legacy mode settings it wont recognize or detect the yosemite boot drive.
Clover USB with legacy mode settings + nvidia config plist= reached installation screen with no signal on hdmi connected on nvidia at the second monitor and succesfully installed 10.10.1 to my ssd.problem:after installation of 10.10.1 on ssd then boot to clover usb with legacy mode settings it wont recognize or detect the yosemite boot drive.
After what i said and posted here are my questions:
What did do wrong ?
Current buid(really wish to multiboot windows 8.1,yosemite and linux all in a seperate ssds)
i7 4790k
32gb kingston hyperx 1600 mhz
nvidia geforce gtx 770 4gb
Ga-z97x-ud7-th
aerocool 1100 watt haswell ready psu
bios version f4
Hope someone can help me.

Great Guide it worked very well!!! now does anybody knows how to Dualboot clover and W7 in legacy Mode on one HDD with separate partitions I can't find any tutorials out there...

Great Guide it worked very well!!! now does anybody knows how to Dualboot clover and W7 in legacy Mode on one HDD with separate partitions I can't find any tutorials out there...

Use clover configulator, under boot, set to LegacyBiosDefault.

Followed this guide exactly. Booted to the USB drive hoping to begin installing Yosemite and was greeted with the screen you see attached. What on earth is going on here? IMG_1540.jpg

This one says Happy New Year. I tried several times and one time I got a pretty red screen saying "Merry Christmas." Just plain weird.

Back