Contribute
Register

How To Install OS X Yosemite Using Clover

Hey guys I'm deciding to migrate to clover as well from chimera. Im a real noob so please bear with me.

From the tutorial.. i got some questions

21. Navigate to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.10/ and add FakeSMC.kext
where do i get this from? My yosemite install that i have working?

22. Navigate to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.10/ and add
your ethernet kext
Again where do i find this kext?

23. Navigate to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.10/ and add
NullCPUPowerManagement.kext
Same Question here please..... thank you

and addHFSPlus.efi..... where do i get this

Are you using the same config.plist you used when booting into OS X using the USB stick?

Yes the exact same one. Is there a way to capture the boot log? I use -v but when it get the spot where the screen goes black I can't read it before it goes black. It seems to be the same location each time.

I thought it was the graphics but everything is fine when I boot using the USB directly into Yosemite.

Thanks emjay! Im closer now. Could you possibly be more specific about how to go about doing all of that?

To save you some time, I do have Clover Configurator up and I have that basic understanding down. But what pages do I do all of this on? And how to I go about filing in the rest of the steps on adding in those values? (Rest of them as in the ones after i have it generate the UUID and board number and all of that.

Import your config.plist from the HDD EFI partition in Clover Configurator.

If you go to the apple icon in the upper left of the desktop and open 'about this mac' then hit system report a page will come up that has a field called Model Identifier. For instance it might say MacPro3,1.

In Clover Configurator go to the SMBIOS tab and hit the magic wand looking thing on the right. In the topmost dropdown dialog select the matching Model. On the far right hit shake a couple times for Week of Manufactur and Unit number for serial number generation. When you're happy with the S/N hit OK.

In terminal type in: uuidgen. Enter this a couple of times. Copy the value and enter it in SmUUID field on SMBIOS tab. Take your serial number and copy it into Board Serial Number field on SMBIOS page. Add random alpha / numeric values somewhere in the middle of the number you copied in Board S/N until it is 17 digits in length.

File -> Export Configuration will copy these new values into your config.plist file. This will give you a serial number and the persistent MLB and ROM values necessary for iMessage.

Hope this helps.

Yes the exact same one. Is there a way to capture the boot log? I use -v but when it get the spot where the screen goes black I can't read it before it goes black. It seems to be the same location each time.

I thought it was the graphics but everything is fine when I boot using the USB directly into Yosemite.

Hmm. You might want to check this site. It gives details on how to enable the debug log. You might also want to try to create a fresh USB install stick just for kicks and giggles.

Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Edit: Adding in site... Doh!

http://clover-wiki.zetam.org/FAQ

Hey guys I'm deciding to migrate to clover as well from chimera. Im a real noob so please bear with me.

From the tutorial.. i got some questions

21. Navigate to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.10/ and add FakeSMC.kext
where do i get this from? My yosemite install that i have working?

22. Navigate to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.10/ and add
your ethernet kext
Again where do i find this kext?

23. Navigate to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.10/ and add
NullCPUPowerManagement.kext
Same Question here please..... thank you

and addHFSPlus.efi..... where do i get this

Those are hyper-linked. They will take you to the downloads section and you just download the required file. For your ethernet kext just get the one that matches your mobo.

Those are hyper-linked. They will take you to the downloads section and you just download the required file. For your ethernet kext just get the one that matches your mobo.

thank you so much for that. i felt so silly not realizing that. As far as the config.plist goes, i wondered if i can use the plist from my successful yosemite install on chimera 4.0 instead or would that cause me trouble

thank you so much for that. i felt so silly not realizing that. As far as the config.plist goes, i wondered if i can use the plist from my successful yosemite install on chimera 4.0 instead or would that cause me trouble

I believe the plist from chimera only has the serial number. For Clover bootloader you'll also want Smuuid and Board Serial number at a minimum as well as serial number. Those two values are used to generate your ROM and MLB values.

See post #333. As per Tonymac86s instructions start with one of the attached config.plists from post #1. Post #2 also has some informative screen grabs from Clover Configurator.

Post #1 and #2 from http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/110471-how-fix-imessage.html really do a great job of explaining a lot of material regarding the SmUUID, serial number, ROM and MLB values.

I think your motherboard may not need a DSDT. Check in the Downloads section to see if that's true. Otherwise, you can download one there. Are you saying that the Clover boot selection screen isn't coming up? When you say installation menu, are you referring to the OS X Yosemite install menu?

Hey monteolsen, I used DSDT since Snow Leopard and I used before when I tried to install Yosemite using Clover. Yes, i'm referring that I can't see OS X Yosemite install menu, i can get to the clover boot section and touch everything but if I press install button I can't go further.

Thanks.

Reply to FastFuel:

Did you try installing CsmVideoDxe.efi when installing Clover? It's supposed to provide a wider set of resolutions than UEFI does.

For your video issue booting from the SSD. You modified the config.plist on your SSDs EFI partion? Are you injecting ATI? I think I remember seeing somewhere that ATI 6XXX cards don't need injection. Probably best to experiment with config.plist. Is integrated graphics disabled in bios and correct PCIe slot is set in Initial Display Output in bios?

Hope that helps

Thks emjay96, it was really helpful. The CsmVideoDxe.efi was the missing piece (and no GI in the config.plist :). Now I'm strugling with the OS complaining about shutdown/restart problem at boot and the sound that is not working.

Back