Contribute
Register

How To Install OS X Yosemite Using Clover

Install Clover may be?)))

Install Clover may be?)))

lol I did? I did the complete guide. If I go to install it again, it says "Upgrade" next to...

Install for UEFI booting only
Install Clover in the ESP
Drivers64UEFI -> OsXAptioFixDrv-64
Install RC scripts on target volume

Sincere thanks for these guides !!

Once I saw the need to use Clover in order to get iMessage & FaceTime working... I thought for sure this time I'd give up, hit a wall, and finally cave to buying the one piece of Apple hardware I DON'T own... a home desktop Macintosh. Truth be told... I've been hacking macs since 2007... but I always knew one day I would hit a configuration wall, and have to buy a home PC from Apple.

Welp... thankfully with the help of these guides I now have my water cooled 4Ghz, Intel-9770, GTX-470, 8GB, Asus Rampage x48 system humming with ALL bells AND whistles!

After following all the instructions, including the extremely helpful iMessage section... I called to unlock my iMessage account with the given code.... and DONE !!! 100% ready to work :) Voodoo kext got me SPDIF output, RealtekRTL81xx.kext got me Gigabit ethernet,

Now I can wait a while for specs & prices to become a little more reasonable... thread contributors & guides ROCK !!!

lexone, thanks for the detailed guide on the config.plist. I will be doing a clean install of Yosemite using Clover. I also want to change my product name to iMac 14,2. I'm currently setup as Mac Pro 3,1. I have a couple questions regarding the information I should be putting in clover configurator for this situation.

If I will be changing to iMac 14,2 should I still enter in the Rom and MLB values identified by imessage debug from my Mac Pro 3,1 setup as described in step 7?

For step 8 (SMBIOS). Should I also use my Mac Pro 3,1 values but just change the Product Name to iMac 14,2? I thought I've read that the length of serial numbers are different between Mac Pro 3,1 and iMac 14,2 so I'm not sure just changing the product name will work.

Should I be using the wizard icon instead and select the iMac 14,2 preset? However even then Board Serial Number and SmUUID are not populated. Should I just fill in these fields with what imessage debug provides from my Mac Pro 3,1 setup?

thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

lol I did? I did the complete guide. If I go to install it again, it says "Upgrade" next to...

Maybe you have to choose to boot with UEFI instead of legacy boot. I did the migration from Chimera to Clover and was able to boot to either one. For my system, I just need to hit F12 and choose appropriate boot device. For example, to boot to clover I would choose : UEFI : Samsung 830 . if I want to boot to Chimera, I woul choose : P0: Samsung 830. You can also set it to boot to UEFI, by go into bios and choose the UEFI as default boot.

Hope that helps.

ttb1263

OK, I double checked my debug config to make sure I had everything correct in Clover Configurator, then I called Apple with the code.
15 minutes later iMessage and FaceTime are perfect.

My only issue now is I have only some of my USB ports working. Maybe half.
Still trying to get that fixed. In the meantime I still have some working. Enough to get by.

Len

Fixed: I had to change my drive order to boot from "UEFI: Samsung" SSD instead of "Samsung" SSD.

My audio doesn't work though, and if I install the AppleHDA kext from MultiBeast the system will no longer boot. I get to the Apple screen with the loading bar under the Apple logo and it just stays there.

And is there a way to hide drives from the Clover boot screen?

OK, I double checked my debug config to make sure I had everything correct in Clover Configurator, then I called Apple with the code.
15 minutes later iMessage and FaceTime are perfect.

My only issue now is I have only some of my USB ports working. Maybe half.
Still trying to get that fixed. In the meantime I still have some working. Enough to get by.

Len

Deleted GenericUSB Kext and all a USB working now.

Hi,

I got a few questions after playing around with the clover bootloader from a usb stick before I take the plunge and transition fully to clover on my HDD to replace Chimera.

1-"Navigate to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.10/"
There is no such folder, it only goes up to 10.9, do I simply create a 10.10 folder?

2-"Navigate to /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/ remove VBoxHfs-64.efi and add HFSPlus.efi"
This is only when creating the usb install thumbdrive and not listed in the post-install section. Isn't HFSPlus.efi required? Why isn't it used on the hdd install of clover?

3-Last but not least, what does Drop OEM_DSM do in Clover configurator's ACPI pane? I'm using my old trusty patched DSDT.aml and everything seems to work fine with nothing at all ticket on the ACPI pane.

Thanks!

@lexone

on the first page config settings for iMessage, is Board Serial Number and Serial Number same?

Hi telepati,

I don't know if you had found a solution to your black screen problem but it seems like you moved to post-installation so i assume that you did. If so, can you share how?

Back