Contribute
Register

How To Install OS X Yosemite Using Clover

put nv_disable=1 in the boot argument
after installing yosemite, replace nv_disable=1 with nvda_drv=1
Holy Smokes... that worked! I've installed Yosemite and now figuring out the boot part!
Thanks man!:headbang:

Following instructions in lexone's post to fix SMBIOS.

No disrespect, but only wondering..... If I click on the "Calculate" button, Clover Configurator seems to give me the same information as iMessage_debug. What's the subtle difference?

Do I enter the "< and the ">" in the ROM id field from iMessage_debug? and the embedded " " in the ROM ID? (Calculate has no embedded space character or angle brackets. Or is that the subtle difference :)

My App store account is now locked out and I must call Apple. Specifically, what info will they request, and which mac do I have if it says "iMac11,3" for instance. More generally, what will they want to know?

Following instructions in lexone's post to fix SMBIOS.

No disrespect, but only wondering..... If I click on the "Calculate" button, Clover Configurator seems to give me the same information as iMessage_debug. What's the subtle difference?

Do I enter the "< and the ">" in the ROM id field from iMessage_debug? and the embedded " " in the ROM ID? (Calculate has no embedded space character or angle brackets. Or is that the subtle difference :)

My App store account is now locked out and I must call Apple. Specifically, what info will they request, and which mac do I have if it says "iMac11,3" for instance. More generally, what will they want to know?

None taken - but in my experience, clicking Calculate will generate random info instead of what is truly in the iMessage debug...and you don't need all that additional info in that section, only need what I outlined.

Do not enter and special characters (i.e. "" or <>) only enter the numbers and letters from the ROM & MLB outputs.

Don't know what apple will ask you for but I would recommend that you not give them any S/N or other info from your system. Give info from a real mac if you own one, if not, find other means of getting legit info (borrow a friends info)

Thanks everyone.

gigabyte b75m-d3p
i5-3470
gigabyte 7970 OC

updated to clover yosemite from clover mavericks, but sound isn't working no matter what i do or try. tried clover alc, manually adding the hda, etc. from this thread

audio was working really well, until i updated to 10.9.5 so i decided to go ahead and jump to yosemite. still learning a lot, so i didn't save my previous appleHDA.kext that seemed to be working so well.

some simple things, just to write them down: 887, current "302"

anyways, i'll be tinkering and checking the thread with some free time, but throwing in the towel on the major work for now.

Also, something weird. imessage debug gives me "failed" for the MLB and the ROM, except once after i updated the ssd to the newest clover r2976. after a restart it says "failed" again.

I can't send PM until I make 75 thread contributions :(

People that called Apple to have accounts unlocked, What did they ask?

Did you have to beg? pretend to be stoopid? pretend that your significant other did something? give them your credit card number? Did you give iMessage_debug data? or info from somebody else's machine?

What did you tell them?

I can't send PM until I make 75 thread contributions :(

People that called Apple to have accounts unlocked, What did they ask?

Did you have to beg? pretend to be stoopid? pretend that your significant other did something? give them your credit card number? Did you give iMessage_debug data? or info from somebody else's machine?

What did you tell them?

Called yesterday, and was on hold for about 30 min. Once connected, they asked for the reason of the call, I let them know, and they transferred me to someone else. At that point all they asked for was the code that iMessage was displaying. From the sounds of it, this isn't limited to Hacks. Lots of calls, so they're just pushing people through.

sorry everyone, but following TonyMac's guide here, i can't seem to load the install USB. I just get the circle/ (stopsign) at boot.
I have an i5 ga-z77x-ud5h and 660ti. I generated the usb on my hackintosh running yosemite. I'd like to move to clover to get imessages working.

other folks' posts/guides in this thread are sort of over my head compared to tonymacs original picture-laden post.

sorry everyone, but following TonyMac's guide here, i can't seem to load the install USB. I just get the circle/ (stopsign) at boot.
I have an i5 ga-z77x-ud5h and 660ti. I generated the usb on my hackintosh running yosemite. I'd like to move to clover to get imessages working.

other folks' posts/guides in this thread are sort of over my head compared to tonymacs original picture-laden post.

Was in the same boat.

You need to make changes to the config.plist file and try again. (and of course follow the instructions absolutely precisely)
Download Clover Configurator. That's the program that can suck in the config.plist file, allow you to make edits, and then spit out a revised config.plist. Then try booting again. Keep re-reading the thread. Each time you'll get a bit more out of it.
FWIW, people are changing parameters for the USB and graphics pages.

EDIT: and when you get it working, that post #2 that you can't understand - well, it's really important to understand before using Apple services like iMessage, or the App store.

Don't know what apple will ask you for but I would recommend that you not give them any S/N or other info from your system. Give info from a real mac if you own one, if not, find other means of getting legit info (borrow a friends info)

Hmm... maybe my "friends" in the BestBuy showroom?

follow the guide from tonymacx86 but edit the config.plist with below detail :
in my case… i solve the stop sign with below :

<key>USB</key>
<dict>
<key>FixOwnership</key>
<true/>
<key>Inject</key>
<true/>
</dict>

in my experience, the stop circle related with usb 3.0

Back