Contribute
Register

How To Install OS X Yosemite Using Clover

How long does it typically take to copy to a USB2.0 flash drive the "Install OS X Yosemite.app"
Anyone else had to wait 30-45 minutes yet?
It's very odd that the volume has not been modified since 9:54 but its currently 10:25.
EDIT: It finished woo

Q2:
Do I put the supplied plist into /Volumes/Install\ OS\ X\ Yosemite/EFI/CLOVER
Or into my existing CLOVER on my HDD? Located at /Volumes/Mac/EFI/CLOVER

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-09-02 at 10.24.38 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-09-02 at 10.24.38 PM.png
    649.6 KB · Views: 183
Last edited:
20. Navigate to /EFI/CLOVER/ and replace default config.plist with attached config.plist*

Should I use confid.plist-Standard.zip? Looks like this is it. Yes. You have "modern" graphics card.

23. Navigate to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.10/ and add your ethernet kext

This I don't understand. Which file is this for my build? There seem to be a few, and I can't decide which one is the correct file. Check your Gigabyte User Manual in the front gray pages or here; there it tells you your motherboard's audio (Realtek ALC1150 > RealtekRTL8111) and LAN (Intel > AppleIntelE1000) chipsets.

26. (Optional) Navigate to /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/ and add DSDT.aml and SSDT.aml

Where are these files? 9-series motherboards (like yours) does not need a DSDT.aml file to operate. The Guide's reference to "Optional" DSDT.amil files are for 5/6-series motherboards which are located in the DSDT Database in the Downloads menu at the top of this page.
See my answers to your questions in Bold.

Hello,

Thanks for replying patiently...

This I don't understand. Which file is this for my build? There seem to be a few, and I can't decide which one is the correct file. Check your Gigabyte User Manual in the front gray pages orhere; there it tells you your motherboard's audio (Realtek ALC1150 > RealtekRTL8111) and LAN (Intel > AppleIntelE1000) chipsets.

So here's what I see...

Screen Shot 2015-09-03 at 9.15.52 AM.png

I still can't understand which kext files to use. Please point out the exact file names I'd need.

Thanks a lot for your patience with me.

Blue

hi i'm facing an issue on step 'Run iMessage_Debug and keep terminal window open'

under ROM and MLB i see failed, how can i correct this or is it not possible?

clover booted my system just fine and i even have the much nicer dark bootsplash which i do enjoy.

also, i installed to a usb flash drive so not to corrupt a working system with chameleon.

edit: well never mind, ran it again after booting with clover and now have a value present, I've placed those values in the appropriate places and the other information as well, iMessages works, now i need to just install to my hdd and copy the config file over.

thanks so much, thought i had a iMac 11,1 equivalent, turns out 11,3 suits my hp better XD!

Last edited:
Hello,

Thanks for replying patiently...

Stork said:

This I don't understand. Which file is this for my build? There seem to be a few, and I can't decide which one is the correct file. Check your Gigabyte User Manual in the front gray pages orhere; there it tells you your motherboard's audio (Realtek ALC1150 > RealtekRTL8111) and LAN (Intel > AppleIntelE1000) chipsets.

So here's what I see...

View attachment 149632

I still can't understand which kext files to use. Please point out the exact file names I'd need.

Thanks a lot for your patience with me.

Blue
You got to click in the links in Step 23+ and pick the drivers I referred you to in the above quote.

You got to click in the links in Step 23+ and pick the drivers I referred you to in the above quote.
Stork i know this may be the most stupid place but on insanelymac they banned me for spam ?? in chat ?? so now i came here for help i have a 390x it is detected as a 8xxx radeon hd with 8912mb. i am using dvi only port i can use as i do not have money till christmas. the problem is it was autmatically detected by clover / os x but when there is movement i get vertical sometimes horizontol lines also flickers and twitching i get screen drops(screen goes black so far solution is to shutdown pc ...) every 10 minutes.

Stork i know this may be the most stupid place but on insanelymac they banned me for spam ?? in chat ?? so now i came here for help i have a 390x it is detected as a 8xxx radeon hd with 8912mb. i am using dvi only port i can use as i do not have money till christmas. the problem is it was autmatically detected by clover / os x but when there is movement i get vertical sometimes horizontol lines also flickers and twitching i get screen drops(screen goes black so far solution is to shutdown pc ...) every 10 minutes.
See http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/171291-radeon-compatibility-guide-ati-amd-graphics-cards.html

My efi is not mounted. It is a folder instead. Is there any way I can mount that folder

Guys. I'm having a question about sound compatibility. Do the front outputs work? I'm using headphones on front output, and speakers on back green output, at the same time (on windows).

Back