Contribute
Register

How To Install OS X Yosemite Using Clover

I tried this Clover installation 2x (yesterday)... Followed all the steps from start to end... And it was really easy... 2x successful! I have a stable Yosemite 10.10.5 now and also keeping my old Mavericks 10.9.2 for all my old video projects.

Specs:
GA-Z77N (wifi not working but Bluetooth works out of the box)
i7 3770 processor
16gb (Corsair Vengeance pro 2 x 8gb/1600mhz/DDR3)
GTX650ti boost (2gb/192-bit)
Samsung 850 EVO 250gb
2tb Seagate SV35 and 4TB Seagate Back-up+
Corsair HX620w
Bitfenix Prodigy Arctic White (itx)

May i ask why formatting EFI partition to Fat32 has been removed from this guide? when not formatting EFI partition to Fat32 issues like Clover themes and Vales such as MLB, ROM, Serial number etc doesn't stay the same.

May i ask why formatting EFI partition to Fat32 has been removed from this guide? when not formatting EFI partition to Fat32 issues like Clover themes and Vales such as MLB, ROM, Serial number etc doesn't stay the same.

No need to format the EFI partition. The configuration data you mention is determined by the content of config.plist, not the format of the EFI partition.

As far as I know, the idea that EFI has to be (re)formatted as FAT32 is pure myth and can only cause problems.

Problem i had is Values not staying the same also Clover Themes not staying the same on every reboot. But i find formatting the EFI to fat32 that values stay the same and Clover themes also if you look in the Clover installer it says that you need to format EFI to Fat32. i really don't know then.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-09-27 at 04.59.30.png
    Screen Shot 2015-09-27 at 04.59.30.png
    162.8 KB · Views: 139
Hello, thanks for the guide! I've just Installed Yosemite with clover successfully (Ga-z97x-ud3h-bk, i7-4790, evga GT 740 SC with nvidia web driver and injection off), first 10.10, and then upgrade to 10.10.5. Everything works fine :headbang: I'd like to ask if there is a way to load Yosemite automatically, without passing by the clover bootloader screen.

Hello, thanks for the guide! I've just Installed Yosemite with clover successfully (Ga-z97x-ud3h-bk, i7-4790, evga GT 740 SC with nvidia web driver and injection off), first 10.10, and then upgrade to 10.10.5. Everything works fine :headbang: I'd like to ask if there is a way to load Yosemite automatically, without passing by the clover bootloader screen.
Set default boot volume and set timeout to 0 in config.plist

Problem i had is Values not staying the same also Clover Themes not staying the same on every reboot. But i find formatting the EFI to fat32 that values stay the same and Clover themes also if you look in the Clover installer it says that you need to format EFI to Fat32. i really don't know then.

I've never formatted EFI. And I've never had the issues you describe.

I'm using Clover UEFI. Maybe the issue you report is specific to Clover legacy (haven't used Clover legacy much).

I created a USB, GPT partitioned with 'diskutil'. Then I checked in Linux gparted. The EFI shows as already formatted FAT32. I don't see how formatting it again to the same format will make any difference in anything.

I also checked my EFI on my SSD. It shows as FAT32 in gparted.

I think it is likely you had something else wrong with your Clover setup, and formatting EFI forced you to redo it.

That's probably because the Clover dev's haven't bothered to update that text in the installer. Your problems with settings are related to nvram not being updated, it has nothing to do with EFI's format. I've installed Clover 100's of times to various hardware and have never formatted EFI to fat32.

I see i know my main Z77-DS3H has the EFI Partition formatted to Fat32 no issues everything been perfect from 10.9.4 straight to 10.11. weird then i guess.

Set default boot volume and set timeout to 0 in config.plist
Thank you! I installed clover again in Yosemite disk, in order to generate a new config.plist file, then I modified with this settings, reboot the system and voilá, Yosemite loaded directly without problems. :clap: Thanks again.

PS. Sorry for my bad english

Back