Contribute
Register

How to Install OS X Mavericks using Clover

Ive tried it on a sabertooth x79 Ivy-Bridge-E worked fine with the default install. It automatically created a EFI partition which i could mount with Clover Configurator however you may find only the apple folder on the EFI partition and an EFI folder on the root. Mount the EFI partition then copy the contents of EFI folder on root to the EFI partition

machd/EFI/

to

EFI(partiton)/EFI/

Clover Configurator prompts to mount the EFI partition in order to open the config.plist for editing. good tool indeed..

This may help if you select the wrong customisation option during install...

I have been moving back and forth between clover UEFI boot and Chem boot to try and resolve an itunes problem but it would seem the problem is chipset.. I had both installed at one point where i would press F8 to boot Clover UEFI or Chem.

rolling back to just chem was easy enough when you show the hidden partitions in disk utilities, delete EFI partition then reclaim spare space.

400hz fsb freaked me out in system profiler

Problem booting the final clover install

My first post in anger here....

• I've built a Multibeast/Unibeast system Z87X-UD3 with an i5 thats working great with Win8 and Mavericks
  • I've been reading about UEFI/Clover/Windows 8 fast boot and thought I might give that a try
  • I've added an additional hard disk, disconnected the existing ones
  • I built a UEFI only clover installer
  • After some messing around and tweaking I managed to get a mavericks install to run all the way through both restarts on a the new disk
  • If I then try to boot the installed version everything grinds to a halt:
    • I can boot my Clover USB
    • I can see Maintosh HD and a Recovery Partition (!!!)
    • If I try to boot the installed partition I get as far as the spinning logo on the Apple background but no further
    • Same USB that I used to do the install but it will not boot the installed system!!!
  • I've tried reconnecting the existing build and disconnecting the new build
    • Interestingly I can't boot the existing build using the Clover USB

I'm sort of stuck now - have lots of options and have tried lots of things without any real progress:

• Tried adding some Kexts to the clover USB - not really sure what I am missing though
  • Looked at DSDT - but I am not using one on the non clover build - the tool complains lots about compile errors on the DSDT that I dumped with clover

really would appreciated some advice?

Adrian

My first post in anger here....

• I've built a Multibeast/Unibeast system Z87X-UD3 with an i5 thats working great with Win8 and Mavericks
  • I've been reading about UEFI/Clover/Windows 8 fast boot and thought I might give that a try
  • I've added an additional hard disk, disconnected the existing ones
  • I built a UEFI only clover installer
  • After some messing around and tweaking I managed to get a mavericks install to run all the way through both restarts on a the new disk
  • If I then try to boot the installed version everything grinds to a halt:
    • I can boot my Clover USB
    • I can see Maintosh HD and a Recovery Partition (!!!)
    • If I try to boot the installed partition I get as far as the spinning logo on the Apple background but no further
    • Same USB that I used to do the install but it will not boot the installed system!!!
  • I've tried reconnecting the existing build and disconnecting the new build
    • Interestingly I can't boot the existing build using the Clover USB

I'm sort of stuck now - have lots of options and have tried lots of things without any real progress:

• Tried adding some Kexts to the clover USB - not really sure what I am missing though
  • Looked at DSDT - but I am not using one on the non clover build - the tool complains lots about compile errors on the DSDT that I dumped with clover

really would appreciated some advice?

Adrian
Is your secure boot off?

Hello. Quick question everyone: I am building a new pc with:
GA-Z87X-UD3H
Intel Core i7-4770K
Asus GeForce GTX 760 Oc Directcu II
and two ssd-s

I want to do this right so the question is: Clover or iboot/Multibeast? Which is cleaner and will cause me less problems? I have done several multibeast installs with great success and don't understand every one of the provided options in Clover. For example should I try the UEFI install or the Legacy one?

Hello. Quick question everyone: I am building a new pc with:
GA-Z87X-UD3H
Intel Core i7-4770K
Asus GeForce GTX 760 Oc Directcu II
and two ssd-s

I want to do this right so the question is: Clover or iboot/Multibeast? Which is cleaner and will cause me less problems? I have done several multibeast installs with great success and don't understand every one of the provided options in Clover. For example should I try the UEFI install or the Legacy one?
I recommend you install using the UniBeast/MultiBeast method as it's easy to successfully install OS X. Clover method is not for beginners and a lot of understanding is required. I tried it, and I must admit it's not for me.

If you're installing OS X for the first time using the iBoot for Haswell and Snow Leopard, remember that you install Snow Leopard using iBoot then go immediately to the Apple Mac App Store (MAS) to create an account and download Mavericks - don't even try to get Snow Leopard running other than to get to the MAS. :thumbup: Too many people waste a lot of time to get the Snow Leopard installation running w/o iBoot, and Haswell is not compatible with Snow Leopard w/o a lot of work.

Having the same problem on my system. Then I get to the boot menu page...and when I navigate to "Boot Manager", I don not see "EFI USB Device" listed. Any help Tony?

I've been trying to install Clover on my GA X58A UD7 Rev 2.0 FC fora while. At one point some six months ago I disabled USB3 (a German guy suggested that somewhere) and got Clover menu. Still couldn't go anywhere further. Now following this gude, even with USB3 disabled in the BIOS, the installation stops just after (in)famous "6" message.

I would appreciate very much if anybody could let me know whether they managed to solve the issue on this MB. I am close to give up on the MB if there is no way to install the Clover and solve iMessage and couple of other issues like 10.9.2 video card issue. But if there is a solution, I will try to extend the life of my GA X58A UD7 Rev 2.0.*

Thanks in advance
Crna Brada

This guide is a gift from heaven. After spending numerous hours and gaining thousands of grey hairs while trying different install guides, this Clover guide is the one and only that worked for my configuration. The installation was absolutely flawless, thank you very much for describing in such detailed steps!

Mobo: GA-B85TN (thin mini itx, same mobo like GA-H81TN, GA-H87TN, GA-Q87TN)
CPU: i5 4570S
Video: Intel HD 4600
RAM: 16GB Crucial
HDD: mSata Crucial 128GB

I'm glad my system is up and running. The biggest problem with other guides was that after the installation of Mavericks had finished, the bootloaders never gave me an option to boot from the HDD (Chameleon, Chimera...). Only after walking through this guide and using Clover, I finally was able to boot from the HDD. :clap:

Yes,

The problem is not so much that it won't boot it just won't boot the newly installed Mavericks all the way. The same USB stick was used to do the install in the first place?

Read something about needing a USBXHCI kext - could that be the issue?

Adrian

Hi,

Mid level noob trying to get Clover installed on my usb key. Legacy mode didn't work on my laptop so I'm trying to install Clover as EFI mode with the settings copied from the guide for custom install BUT there isn't any EFI folder on the drive. Just an EFI-Backups folder. What am I doing wrong? Anyone?

Thanks.

Also after getting into the Clover Boot menu hitting 'ENTER' to boot 'Mavericks install' does nothing. I tried creating two separate keys following the guide by doing the install in Terminal upon the 'USB' key and Clover does nothing when I hit enter. :(

Back