Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z87X-D3H
CPU
i7-4770K
Graphics
R9 280X
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Put ina new graphics card (below) but was unable to get it to work. Any suggestions?

XFX Radeon VII DirectX 12 RX-VEGMA3FD6 16GB 4096-Bit HBM2 PCI Express 3.0 CrossFireX Support Video Card

Put ina new graphics card (below) but was unable to get it to work. Any suggestions?

XFX Radeon VII DirectX 12 RX-VEGMA3FD6 16GB 4096-Bit HBM2 PCI Express 3.0 CrossFireX Support Video Card

Which version of macOS are you using?

Mine is High Sierra. I also tried a computer with Catalina

I realized my problem was the power supply so I put in a new one. The graphics card is working off my HDMI cable for one monitor but I am trying to add a second monitor off my motherboard. I cannot get both to turn on at once.

Hi apologies for noob question not sure if this is the right place, but I have never used AMD graphics before but I have purchased a Sapphire Radeon PULSE RX 5500 XT Graphics Card 8GB GDDR6 have installed it on hazwell hackintosh running Mojave all works but have low screen resolution and device id video ram ect isn’t showing does anyone know how I can set this up I have installed lilu and whatever green, any help would be appreciated as in the past I used kexts for Nvidia.

Hi apologies for noob question not sure if this is the right place, but I have never used AMD graphics before but I have purchased a Sapphire Radeon PULSE RX 5500 XT Graphics Card 8GB GDDR6 have installed it on hazwell hackintosh running Mojave all works but have low screen resolution and device id video ram ect isn’t showing does anyone know how I can set this up I have installed lilu and whatever green, any help would be appreciated as in the past I used kexts for Nvidia.

Try this in the boot arguments

Screenshot 2020-03-22 at 22.37.30.png

Hey thanks so much for the quick response, I gave it a go and it kept resolution the same as 1024 by 1280 but it did stop the screen flickering and mouse travel lines pixelation ect which is good, still no GPU ID and video memory says 7mb? I have connected monitor via DP cable. Removed all drives only have ssd with Mojave installed everything works great have sound wifi ect just screen resolution cannot change and no info for this graphics card? Im wondering if there is something I have missed? Everything I have read says lilu and whatever green should do it? Wondering if there is a guide for installing AMD GPUs that anyone has come across? Cheers.

Try this in the boot arguments

View attachment 456354

Hey thanks so much for the quick response, I gave it a go and it kept resolution the same as 1024 by 1280 but it did stop the screen flickering and mouse travel lines pixelation ect which is good, still no GPU ID and video memory says 7mb? I have connected monitor via DP cable. Removed all drives only have ssd with Mojave installed everything works great have sound wifi ect just screen resolution cannot change and no info for this graphics card? Im wondering if there is something I have missed? Everything I have read says lilu and whatever green should do it? Wondering if there is a guide for installing AMD GPUs that anyone has come across? Cheers.

GPU AMD RX 5000 work with 10.15.1 and later, you have ssd with Mojave.

Yes, I think there is - NVRAM emulation. You can install it using the Clover Installer/ Customization, or one of our special @MacMan Clover builds here.

However, if all worked perfectly previously when you ran a NVidia GPU then maybe you've done this already?

:)

Yep all installed on one 250GB Samsung SSD, all worked before with High Sierra on Nvida GPU, got a new SSD plugged it in same bios settings with the onboard Graphics disabled and and plugged in new AMD card installed Mojave was flawless except for this issue with the card, will try your suggestions and let ya know how it goes thank you MSH and UtterDisbelief I really appreciate the help.

Yes, I think there is - NVRAM emulation. You can install it using the Clover Installer/ Customization, or one of our special @MacMan Clover builds here.

However, if all worked perfectly previously when you ran a NVidia GPU then maybe you've done this already?

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back