Contribute
Register

How to get a GTX 580 (or 5xx card) to work in LION

Status
Not open for further replies.
Although I've gotten the 570 to work, Cinebench still crashes if I try to run it. Novabench crashes the whole system. Something must be wrong somewhere, but I don't know what it is.

Have u altered the GeforeGLDriver.bundle? I am pretty shure i use the vanilla one, which worked for me on 10.7.0. But looks like the system is somehow unstable now. Depends on the application though.
Is VLC working with your current setup?

do any of you guys have dual monitor setups with a single GTX580? if so does your sleep/wake, restart, shutdown work? I find that if I only have a single monitor plugged in those work. if I plugin a secondary monitor then it doesn't.

Using dual monitors everything else seems to function. I don't have any kexts to help with sleep/wake, restart, shutdown, using DSDT fixes for those.

When I had SL installed with my GTX 285/dual monitors, sleep/wake, restart, shutdown worked. Even after upgrading to LION with my GTX 285/dual monitors, sleep/wake, restart, shutdown worked.

f4ils0me said:
Have u altered the GeforeGLDriver.bundle? I am pretty shure i use the vanilla one, which worked for me on 10.7.0. But looks like the system is somehow unstable now. Depends on the application though.
Is VLC working with your current setup?

I made it work by reinstalling, and adding the device id to the HAL, and the raphics line to the plist. Nothing else. Also, I stuck with Chameleon supplied on multibeast 3.8.0. Any of the Chimera's breaks something or other, like the ability to run Cinebench or Novabench.
Equally, any driver bundle from the 10.7.2 betas break it.

I'm now patiently waiting for a DSDT that goes with my F8 (or the new F9 ) bios, and hoping that won't kill it (I'll CC the partition this time).

10.7 with the GTX570 has been a nightmare for me. I swear, I almost pushed the button on an iMac.

aznguyen316 said:
Basically used these steps and got my GTX 570 running super easily, thanks for this thread. I posted in the [TEST] thread but my cinebench FPS openGL was 45.xx not bad for OSX.
What exactly did you do differently from brendonauger's steps to get your GTX 570 working?

I updated my machine with 10.7.1 update. It worked before with the GTX 580 using the device ID addition to NVDA.....kext, Geforce bundle from netkas and Graphics Mode set to empty in the boot.plist file

Now it doesn't work. I did the same modifications, i can boot without using the Graphich Mode 'fix', and the resolution is there, youtube works, but 3D crashes and VLC won't play video.
If i add Graphics Mode to com.chameleon.Boot.plist, the system crashes on boot and restarts.

Anybody had a similar experience?

i get this white bar up top after it boots... then it just freezes there... any ideas?

Thanks for your tutorial. However,when I follow your steps and reboot. I m just left with a black screen with a horizontal grey strip of a checkerboard like pattern on my monitor.
Then I tried with "graphics Mode" = "1024*768*32", it boot fine, but the resolusion is unchangeable. Does anyone have any idea what i can do to fix it?

Hi,

Same problem here.. Black screen with a grey bar on the top left hand corner of the screen.

Any help would be great! :)

I have done all of these steps.. my problem is I got it to boot correctly once proper resolution, but now the only way I can get it to boot is either at add the pci flag to force the resolution down, otherwise it boots up at the login screen in the correct resolution but I can't type or click any of the sleep/restart/shutdown buttons....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back