Contribute
Register

How to get a GTX 580 (or 5xx card) to work in LION

Status
Not open for further replies.
chrisronline said:
Update on my issue

I somehow got everything working through much trial and error - I ended up reinstalling lion from the Installer partition then starting over again and following the guide. I didn't have to modify the Boot.plist file though. One thing I will mention is that I had been using the SL version of MultiBoot instead of Lion so that probably had something to do with it....

Hey man! I was wondering if you are able to PM me how you got your board to work! I'm having the toughest time here trying multiple combinations and just can't get it right. Any tips would be MUCH appreciated. I've got the same board as you.

yugemonz said:
Hey man! I was wondering if you are able to PM me how you got your board to work! I'm having the toughest time here trying multiple combinations and just can't get it right. Any tips would be MUCH appreciated. I've got the same board as you.

Hey,

I used the iBoot legacy. The key to getting the board for me was disabling the onboard functionality - mainly the audio port. Go into the bios and disable all the onboard aside from the sata and lan controller and see if that helps.

chrisronline said:
yugemonz said:

Hey,

I used the iBoot legacy. The key to getting the board for me was disabling the onboard functionality - mainly the audio port. Go into the bios and disable all the onboard aside from the sata and lan controller and see if that helps.

Hey man,

Thanks for the quick reply. So I did what you told me to and disabled everything onboard. Tried iBoot Legacy and got the same thing i normally do. I even tried -x -v pcirootuid=1. Maybe it's cause of my gpu...Iono what could be wrong.

Attachments

• IMG_20120118_204055.jpg
    IMG_20120118_204055.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 168
What SATA devices do you have plugged in and to what ports on the motherboard? I don't have the guide with me here at work, but there are three different SATA ports: navy blue, light blue, and white. I don't recall offhand which are which but check the manual and see which one are the Intel ports and plug them into there (or just generally mess around with plugging into various ones)

umm none of this wokred, can anyone help? i have a sparkle 580 gtx and its stuck at 1024x768 for the resolution. thanks.

I have been able to get my card to work with the kexts from >> osx86.net but I can't seem to get above 32fps in Cinebench OGL test :/

hi all my first post my first try on mac.
installed everything succesful on my i7-2600k - p8p67 - 8gb ram
i hope I'm right here i got a 570 gtx i don't know i only read numbers and commands :S
confused I'm really new to the osx scene where do i start ?
thx and have a nice weekend guys :headbang:

Hi there, there is my first time with hackingtosh and i am stuck with gtx 580 not recognize.

I have...
asus p8p67 pro
i7 2600k
16 gb ram 1600ghz

All my motherboard functions is recognized in Lion.

But when i try this guide i can´t find info.plist in the path system/library/extension/...
NVDAGF100Hal.Kext

Some one please help me!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back